(question) autotargeting help wanted file location

Seeker

what file do i change the auto targeting behavior in?

I figures changed mining turrets to both mine and salvage, and salvage turrets to both salvage and mine. However when the turrets are set to "auto fire" none of them target wreckages, only mineable asteroids.  it is only with autofire is on in a player navigated ship.

can somone point me the file where i can fiddle with the targeting  settings priorities

Not much you can do about exsisting turrets, However for turrets created after making modification you can edit this file:

/data/scripts/lib/turretgenerator.lua

youll want to edit function"

function TurretGenerator.generate(x, y, offset_in, rarity_in, type_in, material_in) -- server

Thanks for your reply

i have added this to the salvaging lasers

elseif weaponType == WeaponType.SalvagingLaser then 
            weapon.reach = weapon.isBeam and weapon.blength * 3.5 or weapon.pvelocity*weapon.pmaximumTime  --- a bit extra reach for comfort
		weapon.stoneEfficiency = weapon.metalEfficiency --- equals out the effiency vs salvaging and mining to be the same.
		weapon.stoneDamageMultiplicator = weapon.dps / 20 --- to give them a bit more punch vs asteroids, somewhat equal to mining lasers but still a bit lower

this gives the salvaging laser ability to mine asteroids and deal more dammage to stone.

when i add the "weapon.stoneEfficiency" to the salvage laser.  newly created lasers nolonger autofire on wreckages, only asteroids.

i want the laser to target salvageabel wreckage and mineable asteroid, not just either.

any help apreciated