Little help with server? Worked for a bit, until...

Kryptos

So I set up a server. It was cool. It was shiny. It was lovingly designed (at least the seed was lovingly picked) specifically for a small group of friends and I to play (and possibly even wider internet access). I tested it out over LAN. It worked great. I tested it out over internet. It did not work at all. I set up a dynamic DNS service, routing all port traffic 27000-27021 directly to my server even without paying for a static IP. I figured this might help. I was wrong, because not only does my internet server not work, now even my LAN server doesn't connect. Can anyone help?

Specifics:

I used Naggerknife's server soft from the wiki page, followed instructions to the letter. worked on LAN, prior to attempting to install DDNS. Did not internet.

I'm using NOip for DDNS service, since it's the only free one natively supported by my (netgear) router.

Otherwise, latest avorion version, through steam, ask about any other specifics needed?

This should be somewhat obvious, but I'm just a figment of your computer's imagination, so feel free to assume I'm retarded. I have tried turning it off an on, I have tried resetting both router and computer network settings, and I have tried accessing the internet server through three networks other than my own, and have only attempted to access the LAN over my own wifi.

EDIT: So, I figured it out. My router had a setting: Allow/Deny port forwarding that I forgot to set to allow. Everything else contained in this post will give you a working server.

Ok, simply put, Avorion bandwidth usage is absurd so running it on a normal home dsl is a no-go.

What kind of connection do you have?

What kind of issue are you having?

People cannot see the server at all?

People can see the server but not connect?