Trading is a bit broken right now

AndyofBorg

What happens, is it looks like NPC traders are picking all of the profitable routes dry. I spent hours warping around, buying comically small amounts of stuff, like 4 combat armors and such at a time.

I needed some items for quest, and found a factory with like 84 of two accelerator items, that would sell for about 40k profit each, when I got to the next sector. I warped right back to buy them, thinking I FINALLY SCORED, and surprise, there were 4 units of each left.

I do not play this game to stock factories so they will make things to sell, while NPCs fly around making money. That is not my idea of fun. I'm not expecting to waltz in and make LOLOLOL cash, but I expect if I do diligent work, that I can and will make a reasonable profit.

Game is not balanced properly with regards to trading. My guess is this is an unintended side effect of making NPCs trade. But NPCs then need to not just cherry pick the stuff I want, but they need to trade all materials equally. I see comically high amounts of worthless stuff in stock, and none of the decent or good stuff.

If my single player game was a server, I'd log off because it was picked clean already.