Gun turrets duplicated on damage

lendarker

When I receive damage, and some turrets get "shot off my ship", I then find the number of turrets that got shot off additionally in my inventory.

i.e. I have 2 turrets on my ship, both get removed due to the underlying block being destroyed, I now have 4 in my inventory. This is repeatable.

Started a new galaxy, built a starter ship, 2 chaingun turrets, 2 mining turrets.

Battled the first squadron of Xsotan to arrive in the system. Both mining turrets got shot off. Afterwards, I had three identical mining turrets in my inventory.

This was on easy, full collision damage, default/random starting seed.<

I believe this was present before the last update. I never tracked it, really, but in one of my old saves, I had been wondering that I seemed to keep "finding" identical railguns.

• 2 weeks later...

I've experienced this too. Basically when you create a block, mount turrets on it, then destroy it with your own ship, the turrets/system upgrades that are equipped on the block gets "duplicated". I believe this has something to do with turret/system upgrade drop chances from block/craft and the easy solution is for this to not apply to player ship, only AI controlled ships like Xsotan/Pirates etc. I hope this gets fixed soon..because in multiplayer, anyone can abuse this bug