Show me your long-jump scouts!

AlanEsh

Hey everyone! I'm trying to build a long-range scout/blockade runner, but I'm having trouble keeping the size down. I don't want a hulking ship, I want something nimble with a little cargo space (20?), some shielding (500?), and good speed (400m/s+). My tech is only at level 3 (naonite) so please bear that in mind.

The problem I'm having is building a ship with a jump range of 5 or more (not counting upgrades) requires a really large hyperdrive, and that requires a very large generator. It doesn't seem to matter that my ship starts out small, it's like the hyperdrive doesn't care how much mass/volume your ship has.

If you have any tips on building a small ship within these parameters, let me know! And please link examples if you have any. Thanks!

If you want to stick to a small ship, just use hyperspace upgrade modules (and a generator upgrade if you need extra power).

Maybe in the future they will rebalance hyperspace and you'll be able to make a small ship with a large jump range but it's hard to do right now.

Thanks for the reply. I did manage to make a smallish, nimble scout ship with two upgrade slots, that can jump 5.x sans upgrades. It doesn't have any cargo space, buy I might still try to add that since it isn't very heavy and shouldn't affect performance much.