Invisible stolen stuff in my empty cargo?

Ravow

Hi, I don't know if i'm the only one with this annoying game breaker bug.

Often when I fly near a ship, I get that stolen cargo window on where I have to pay fee and let them steal my stolen cargo. The problem is that my cargo bay is empty. Plus no only I pay the fee and don't move, they never retrieve that invisible cargo and so ask me to pay again and not move again... And after usually 3 or 4 my reputation with the locals is so low that I can't dock there and they start shooting at me.

This morning I planed to do a multi hours session and got to help some local attacked by pirates like 10 min after I started the game and of course I got that stupid popup about stolen cargo during the flight.

My cargo is empty.

I do have turrets and subsystem or whatever the other ship upgrades are called that are issue from drop but I assume that it's fine as my ship is configured to not lot stolen cargo so theses exploded ship rest should be fine to loot, right?

Do a mod to remove all that stolen cargo behavior exist?

I might have found the source of the problem but could not fix it:

step to reproduce (what I did in the beginning of that new ship):

- enable stolen cargo looting

-fly near exploded ship to scoop some

-jump with hyper-drive

-jettison all the cargo because I could not sell it

And that's it. Now when I press "I" to get player info, I have my ship list with only one ship, the one I currently have with "stolen toxic waste" cargo.

When I look at the cargo, I do have nothing. I tried to buy some random stuff from nearest seller and now the list in player info say "Cattle, Stolen toxic waste" and if I check with "p" then cargo, it say only "Cattle". And if I press the jettisoning button, it do nothing.

Is there a way to reset that? Do I need to strip the cargo part of my ship? If so it's kind of in the core/center of the ship (It got lot of... added layers)

An easy way to try removing your cargo bay: go into building mode and click on the "eye", this will bring up the block selection tool. Use the drop down menu to select "Cargo Bay" and then you should only see those blocks. Now use the "transform block" tool to change your cargo bays into something else, I recommend computer core or framework, since you probably aren't using them elsewhere and it will be easy to find again. Exit the builder and see if your problem is fixed.

To revert your ship to have cargo bay again either use the eye tool again or load a saved ship pattern.