Dev's response to ship docking?

Oculus Rex

Suggestion

This is by no means a new topic as the question has undoubtably been asked before.  However I'd like to hear from one of the devs in regards to the possibility of being able to hard dock a smaller ship to a bigger one.  Say a smaller mining/salvaging ship to a larger combat ship.  It would save a lot of time on swapping out of cards and turrets at the very least.

2 answers to this suggestion

I just searched for this exact topic, here's our problem and a proposal for a solution.

Now that we can have Alliance ships, and they can have multiple seats, we want to have alliance members participating with the flagship when possible. However, nobody wants to leave their personal ship behind, or at least they want the option to have a personal ship accessible.

My suggestion is to appropriate available hangar mass for alliance ships to dock/land so long as their mass is under the hangar mass limit. This doesn't disrupt fighter placement, since the hangar mass needs to be in excess of any fighters on the ship. Then we can truly have some alliance class starships.

I just searched for this exact topic, here's our problem and a proposal for a solution.

Now that we can have Alliance ships, and they can have multiple seats, we want to have alliance members participating with the flagship when possible. However, nobody wants to leave their personal ship behind, or at least they want the option to have a personal ship accessible.

My suggestion is to appropriate available hangar mass for alliance ships to dock/land so long as their mass is under the hangar mass limit. This doesn't disrupt fighter placement, since the hangar mass needs to be in excess of any fighters on the ship. Then we can truly have some alliance class starships.

This would be awsome because it would allow a 15 slot ship and its fleet to also carry a bunch of frigates and smaller ships to be deployed when entering combat