Is it possible to add new user groups to admin.xml?

Azerik

The admin.xml has the default group and moderators in it.  Is it possible to add more user groups to it?  If so, how would you specify who has access to them?

The server owner wants to offer perks to donators, and this seemed the best way to implement it if it is possible.

It is one that has to be edited while the server is offline.  The server will read it and re-write it for you, though I'm not entirely sure of that process.  When I added the autotrade command to it, I put the command at the bottom of the default group, but when the server came back up it was at the top in alphabetical order.

From what I can tell, I'm going to have to try adding people to the new group from inside the game and see how the file is written.  Does anyone know what the new group would look like with users listed in it?  Will the server write to it while it is online and keep those changes?  I remember the owner having some trouble adding new admins, so I'm not sure it will write to the file while the server is going and/or not keep the changes when it restarts.