Hyperspace Disabling Mine Launcher

felesmortis

Suggestion

I just found out that hyperspace jammers were being removed. I, like most other people, found them incredibly annoying; However, I would hate to be fighting someone just to have them warp out when they got close to dying. On the other hand, I would hate to never be able to escape from any situation.

My compromise is a new weapon that launches a Mine/Probe that attaches itself to the targets on hit, and disables their hyperspace drive. This can then be shot off, or if you're brave, bashed off via hitting yourself on another ship or asteroid.

Thoughts?

6 answers to this suggestion

I've got some ideas considering torpedoes. This might be a good application for special torpedoes.

You just sky-rocketed my curiosity

Torpedoes? Do these require "Torpedo bay" blocks where these things launch from, akin to Fighters and Hangar Bays? Are there missiles too? Do they need a separate "Missile rack" block? How many types of standard/special torpedoes/missiles do you plan on adding? Are you considering the Mine-laying suggestion too?

Okay I'll stop the questions there. ;D

• Boxelware Team
You just sky-rocketed my curiosity

Torpedoes? Do these require "Torpedo bay" blocks where these things launch from, akin to Fighters and Hangar Bays? Are there missiles too? Do they need a separate "Missile rack" block? How many types of standard/special torpedoes/missiles do you plan on adding? Are you considering the Mine-laying suggestion too?

Okay I'll stop the questions there. ;D

No details on that, yet, sorry!