Telecommunication Beacons

Cryloniv

Suggestion

Hey

Idea: A balanced and interessting way to send commands to your other ships and explore space.

When in the drone, in addition to the "Found Ship" button, there could also be a "Found Beacon" button. This would create a Fully craftable beacon which with increased size would have more upgrade slots. Similar to the "Hyperspace Upgrades" it would have a small radius, in which you can issue commands to other ships. This way I can tell my mining vessel to jump to the next sector without having to travel to it everytime it is done with 1 sector.

By overlapping the radius of one beacon with another beacon (not its radius) you can increase the range at which you can give commands, you will of course yourself have to be in range of a beacon.

Upgrades:

Radius of the beacon (+1 per Tier of the upgrade)

Trading System, the beacon can communicated with all traders in its radius

Exploration System, every xx mins real time, the beacon scans a new cluster in its radius to try and contact friendlies. With higher Tiers, this number could go down, eg: Legendary could scan a cluster every 15 minuits.

Scrambler Upgrade, the beacon can no longer be detected by scanners on the minimap (immersion purpose = pirates wont find it), but the main use would be for multiplayer pvp.

In a multiplayer game, these beacons would be of incredible value due to the entire alliance having access to their members beacons. So highly fortifying or hiding them would be the goal.

Further ramblings:

For balancing reasons, these beacons should not be cheap and require at least a sizeable amount of Neonite to found. In the current game money is never realy an issue, but low tier mats are often forgotten about. This would be a nice reason to go out of the center again.

If anyone has already mentioned an idea like this, feel free to ignore my post. Love the game and hope to spend many more hours in it.

CrylonIV

2 answers to this suggestion

thats a very nice idea. i have had the same problems but didnt think it through like you did.

I think they should be detectable when youre in the very sector and have the sector scanner equipped, but not by mass signal, so you can hide them in really empty sectors. This would force you to establish multiple connections and might serve as some kind of radar incase they get destroyed to figure out where the enemy alliance might be.

And regarding Pirates- they dont seem to care about for example exodus beacons so if they would have the same class properties pirates wont be an issue.

Hey thanks for the reply. True, making them detectable in the sector sounds good.

The pirates part was more meant for immersion, since it would be a bit boring if you could leave a non-stealthed beacon in a sector and it would just never be in any danger, as long as you dont activate the sector again.