I'm not sure how to get people interested in my mod

drew4452862

250 views and 1 download.... like wtf?  Spawning in workshop ships and creating new missions \ bosses would give this game a ton of depth.  Not to mention players could contribute something to their server.  I want to keep going with this mod but the apathy is intense.  Any ideas what's up?

The game isn't super popular yet. Forums even less so.       

I imagine it will take some time before it gets more traction. :)

As a side note, I've trying to read your mods description. I'm unsure what it does exactly, and I'm also unsure why I would want it in my game.

Hi Drew,

Until yesterday I did not notice you had missions that can spawn in custom ships.

Also you will likely have some competition from "[MOD][WIP] Custom Pirate Factions using Workship ships"

I do not believe a majority  of People like manually summoning something to fight beyond testing and occasional wow factor with pew pew fun.  The missions of on your mod and eventual custom factions with custom ships is where I see a lot of these custom ship mods coming into play.

I myself am usually busy this time of year so I haven't had much chance to try your mod out. I want to, as I would love to work on creating a bunch of custom missions for players beyond, "kill the pirates" that is in the game now.

Anyhow just my 1.5 cents worth.

The game isn't super popular yet. Forums even less so.       

I imagine it will take some time before it gets more traction. :)

As a side note, I've trying to read your mods description. I'm unsure what it does exactly, and I'm also unsure why I would want it in my game.

You're right!  I am horrible at writing and worse at explaining myself.  I will try to update something a little more mission based.  Some kind of description lol. 

Hi Drew,

Until yesterday I did not notice you had missions that can spawn in custom ships.

Also you will likely have some competition from "[MOD][WIP] Custom Pirate Factions using Workship ships"

I do not believe a majority  of People like manually summoning something to fight beyond testing and occasional wow factor with pew pew fun.  The missions of on your mod and eventual custom factions with custom ships is where I see a lot of these custom ship mods coming into play.

I myself am usually busy this time of year so I haven't had much chance to try your mod out. I want to, as I would love to work on creating a bunch of custom missions for players beyond, "kill the pirates" that is in the game now.

Anyhow just my 1.5 cents worth.

I am a bit stuck between setting up the mod automatically and having people hate how over or under powered it is.  Also I might mention that this is not geared toward single player, looking to give a tool to mods. 

That being said, I put in missions that will spawn in for the player forever, if they type in a command one time.  I am also going to make that based on their distance from the center (will get to that today).

Might test out events today too.  like a better, more challenging way to pirate goods

I figured you meant for multiplayer. The missions thing would be awesome. A great tool for others to start also building missions. Would be nice to see more actual fleets spawn to engage you, or something besides predictable xsotan and pirate spawns.