Mirrored/multi turret, combat controls, turret stats

Ebon

Suggestion

Just a few things I feel are lacking after my time playing the latest build.

Mirrored/multi turrets:

There should be an option of placing an individual turret multiple times on a craft(via mirroring or a build mode option) and have them crewed as if there's only one. Have only one turret allowed to fire at a time. This would give the game an Eve online-esque feeling where all your turrets can fire constantly by having no blindspots if built properly. Also stops the gross meta of slapping 20 guns on the nose of a craft. If this isn't possible, then atleast allow gunners to change turrets when the one their manning has no target.

Combat controls:

Using the attack my target option is clunky. Selecting a new target, range issues, ect should be fixed. A new hot key system for it is also needed, and I recommend using mount & blade's army system. Using a function key to select a turret(f1 for group 1) and then you hit a function key again(f1 for mouse aim, f4 for independed targeting, ect). The idea could be expanded fighter groups as well. Its very intuitive, faster, and keeps the cursor off screen.

Lastly, turret stats.

I'm probably reposting the same thing a 1000 other people said before, but its something fundamental to the games progression. Why is there no cooldown time for overheating weapons? Why isn't it taken into account for the omocron system? Why doesn't my damage say x4 when the gun fires 4 projectiles/shot and some quad guns fire 1. I mean the multi gun turrets almost never have multiple projectiles and I almost trash a god-tier turret because it has some hidden stats.

It is utterly useless sometimes to look at the stats when you have to mount and test every gun because the game arbitrarily listed some stats correctly and others falsely

I hope this reaches one of the devs, because there are some glaring issues in an otherwise well designed game. I love this game to bits and hope you guys keep improving on it.

Glhf!

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet