Station Information

saith70

Suggestion

A few things,

You can't see what you stations are buying or selling at, would be nice to see this instead of '0', another column that shows prices maybe. Like a public sell/public buy line.

You can't control prices on a trading post, maybe others too but right now I only have a trading station, would be nice to be able to set some type or profit margin.

The ability to buy and sell the same item or what is in a trading station's cargo, user defined.

An interface that shows a station's profit and loss over time, so you can see if it's profitable or not.

In basics there needs to be much more user control over stations they own, as it stands right now it's almost pointless to have them.

The global trading system needs love too, some type of system that emulates so many systems around a player's station for trading using only trade routes.

I have sat and watched ships docking with my station and there are no messages saying what they are selling or buying and for how much displayed.

I'm surprised there's no mods for this yet. (station control)

Great game I do love it so far, keep up the great work.

2 answers to this suggestion

At least a little bit of this has been rectified; If you have "everything" or "economy" mode active in the chat window, you can see when stations buy or sell product, how many and for how much.

We still cannot see exactly how much the products sell for individually unless we take an existing message and divide the cost by the # of units ourselves.

My concern is that cargo shuttles that go from in-sector station to station are TERRIBLY inefficient, especially when stations are a long distance apart.  They can only move at a maximum of 400 mps (if you make them yourself, maybe there are faster ones you can buy? I haven't looked), and only carry 1 unit each. 

Plus, it seems like each station can only have a maximum of 20 shuttles active at once, which limits it even more.  it can take hours to move thousands of product from, say, a mine to a factory via shuttles, and that's assuming you're hanging in the sector since they don't seem to function out of sector.

I have a pretty profitable setup right now (took a lot of credits to set up) on the server that I play on, with gold, platinum and coal mines, a steel factory, power plant, scrap collecter, semi conducters, microchips and processors (the processors sell for about 10k each), and they're all maxed out with shuttle usage, but I constantly have to move product myself because of the distance from the mines to my factory area is so great, product piles up at the mines and the factories run dry.  Also I cannot confirm whether or not the shuttles even work when I am out of sector or logged off (have not tested yet).  It is good money, but I have to babysit it and that's annoying when I should be exploring and working towards improving my ship.