Crew/Officer calculations with trained crew

Aylor_Aivo

With the economy update to how the game handles crew/officers you now need to hire MANY more officers than you previously did if you use professional crew. For example: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1223485484

This ship has enough sargent skill to support >2700 crew and uses <1400 of that. However the calculations for the number of officers it needs are based on untrained crew so it thinks it needs (and now actually does) way WAY more crew.

If this massive nerf to trained crew was intentional that fact wasn't communicated well in the patch notes so i figured I'd put it down as a bug.

Either way it'd be nice if you only lost moral for going over officer limits if you were actually over their limits.

I agree, the new calculations of the crew rework are wrong... You should have enaugh ranking officers for ~2700 crew members. Either the calculations, or the descuriptions are wrong.

Also I do not like that an empty ship without crew requires any ranking officer. When you build a really huge ship it requires thousends of ranking officers and you are in hurry to get them, before the ship loose morale and they leave again... Why doesn't the amount of required ranking officers only depend on current amount of crew members?

I have noticed this bug as well. I have 1882 crew, and I should need 188 sergeants, but the game is demanding I have 267 sergeants.

I'm also have an issue with the morale loss from lack of officers. Between the time it takes to find them, hire them, and then have them train up, my morale takes quite a hit.

There seems to be another part to this bug. I had a bunch of extra untrained crewmen leftover from when I was scrambling to fill my mechanics before the economy patch, and I no longer need so many, so I thought I would dismiss some to lower my officers needs.

Despite dismissing over 100 crewmen, my sergeants requirement did not change at all.

On further inspection, I'm not sure if this is a new problem, or an old one. My first real ship hasn't needed more officers in a long time, but I noticed it also has too many.