Cargo pick up

saith70

When you destroy a transport and the cargo blows up is it supposed to take a min or so to be able to pick up that cargo?

Stolen cargo has the same delay.

Multiplayer private server for me and my roomie.

If so, is there a way to change this behavior?

Edit: So I deleted a cargo bay by accident and my cargo exploded out. Then I had to wait 30 second to a min for me to be allowed to pick it back up. This makes no sense...

That, and there also needs to be "Pick up dumped cargo" and "Pick up dumped and stolen cargo" options, to manually alleviate the delay.

Alternatively, the delay could be based on something like 10-odd seconds plus a value depending on thrust and velocity, so a huge and slow cargo ship could dump cargo and have the time to go away in 40 secs, while a faster ship would have less delay and could get it back only 15 secs later.

Another alternative, the dumped flag being dropped after the dumper going away one kilometer from the cargo. But this very simple idea has probably already been considered and refused, probably for performance/server reasons (each cargo unit counting as an object, it may be too much to calculate distance to dumper coordinates for each of them).

Another big problem is that the cargo despawn time is way too small (must be 80 or 90 seconds), giving too much of a limited window to get back dumped cargo before it disappears :( ! It needs to be at least 300 (5 mn) plus the dumping delay.