Traders spawning and not moving (update, I think I found source)

Rinart73

Spontaneously all  traders spawned by sector/traders.lua stopped moving.

There no errors in server log.

Ship just spawns and doesn't move to the station.

UPDATE:

I think I found the source of the issue:

scripts/entity/ai/dock.lua

function DockAI.flyToDock(ship, station)
-- no dock chosen yet -> find one
-- find a free dock
local freeDock = docks:getFreeDock(ship)
            if freeDock then

docks:getFreeDock(ship) always returns nil now. I don't know why. There are plenty of docking blocks on stations and there are free docks.

Check if you have less than 25.000 of good that your factory makes.

There is a limit.

As for the bug, what I did to solve the problem:

1. select in build mode all docks and delete them

2. Reenter build mode

3. Place dock blocks on red spots (they were before too)

So I guess that C++ code that stores state of the dock (if it is occupied) just doesn't clear this state to "free" sometimes.

UPD: Tried all squence again. Well, sometimes it works, sometimes it's not.

Check if you have less than 25.000 of good that your factory makes.

There is a limit.

As for the bug, what I did to solve the problem:

1. select in build mode all docks and delete them

2. Reenter build mode

3. Place dock blocks on red spots (they were before too)

So I guess that C++ code that stores state of the dock (if it is occupied) just doesn't clear this state to "free" sometimes.

UPD: Tried all squence again. Well, sometimes it works, sometimes it's not.

This has worked for me, but rarely works for long.  A few trade ships later, one of them bugs out and stalls again.  Physically pushing the trade ship up to the dock usually gets it to work, too, but again, not for long.

Few days ago our bug has changed. Now it seems that traders are bugged, not docks.

Here is a workaround to a current bug - command "/flushtraders" that just makes all spawned traders to jump out of the sector. Maybe someone will find it useful.

Other workaround could be is just make traders jump out of the sector by themselves if they can't find a dock for 2 minutes.

FlushTradersCmd.zip

Also looks like factories for manufacturing are not.making anything even when they have all needed supplies. Ha e you seen this?

I have seen this issue, WSY, and after almost a whole day trying to understand it, I think I know what's happening. Station production dynamics had a drastic change and it should be better documented. Stations now need assembly blocks to decrease production time.

E.g.: let's suppose you want to build an advanced tech factory, an Accelerator Factory and you forgot to add assembly blocks. To calculate the production time game uses the following formula to calc the required 'effort' (aka value):

effort = goods price * number of goods produced per cycle * tech level of the good

in the case of the accelerator factory it would be:

3'010,344 = 125,431 * 3 * 8

Then you divide it between your assembly capacity, let's say you have 0 assembly blocks. By default if you have 0 assembly blocks, the factory gives you the minimum of 100/s assembly production capacity, so:

3'010,344 / 100 = 30,103

<- This is the time that you have to wait for your factory to finish JUST 1 CYCLE

In other words: YOU ARE WAITING FOREVER FOR YOUR FACTORY TO FINISH.

Add more assembly blocks. Stations were reworked so crew cost is much lower now, so you could add a ton of assembly blocks to speed up the process.

Let's say you added a crap ton assembly blocks, so now you have an "assembly production capacity" of 20,000/s:

3'010,344 / 20,000 = 150

<- this is the time that you have to wait now. Just 150 (seconds or time intervals, I don't know).

BTW, I posted a bug that is annoying me and I think my bug is related to the OP's bug in some way. This is my post:

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=4318.msg22832#msg22832

I feel that, in the case of the OP, the trading ship is getting stuck the same way as my problem, but it doesn't reacts at all.

• 3 weeks later...

If that bug always happens and the OP's bug happens too, it would make the lack of money I make with stations understandable, as I would need to travel through the sectors my stations are in and flush traders in hopes that the OP bug doesn't happen again, resulting in a vanishingly small chance of having a transaction happen correctly.

Correct transactions happen from time to time, but on stations that are not yet clogged in-sector... with traders that aren't frozen out-of-sector. :'(

I guess I'll be idling till one of the issues is fixed.