Weapon crafting

Meesmaalt

Suggestion

Make the weapon  systems player built and customizable like in the game From the Depths

It would make weapon blueprints more valuable to obtain and makes the game more multiplayer immersive

Everything is built by the player from scratch

Caliber size, barrel lenght, payload size, what type of payload, rate of fire, distance

Also turret size. Currently players have differently sized ships and turrets dont resize accordingly.

That would give more options for a cool looking ship

You can decide what ammo type to use then build your own shell from scratch from primer to payload

Then you can build your own missiles customize them and your own torpedoes

Have an option for turret factories or ships(assembly blocks) to be able to craft turret blueprints but not vice-versa, otherwise people will spam one good turret.

3 answers to this suggestion

I think that's what they mean to do with "Coaxial weapons that are integrated into the ship".

https://avorion.gamepedia.com/Roadmap

So... Yeah. I expect to see weapons with ships built around them.

I didn't understand that last sentence... Ships can craft blueprints but blueprints can't craft ships? Wait, what? Could you rephrase that?

I'm planning on spamming one good turret anyway :P

And why not spam it? Having turrets all the same is way more neat-looking than random-firing guns. But building a cannon is a big deal in the game to make, but choosing your own size on the thurrets would be nice. Maybe just shell creation for coax guns would be viable?

I'd like to see players spamming one "good turret" only to realise that their adversary has caught onto their game and stolen some intel on their turret design, and designed a batch of turrets exactly to counter that "one strategy for all" approach.

I'd love to see more this-counters-that-based gameplay. It adds strategy and depth to your choices as a player, and that can only be a good thing.

Yes, building custom weapons in more detail is integral to that, if it were up to me.