New Game Plus

Rhiramas

Suggestion

I was playing with my friend and, after defeating the wormhole guardian, we were discussing possible end game content that could be fun. I brought up an idea to which he said "You should go post that on the forums, that sounds really fun" so here goes nothing... (please be gentle)

Anyways, lets say you defeat the wormhole guardian only to learn that the Xsotan come not from our galaxy, but from a neighboring one. After it's destroyed, his array of wormholes to various area's of our galaxy open and remain while a new larger one opens that connects you to the home galaxy of the Xsotan. Once there you learn that they are on the outskirts of their own galaxy trying to defend this intergalactic wormhole from being overtaken by a much stronger force. In this new galaxy the Xsotan are actually good guys and had no idea that a rogue faction had gone through the wormhole and caused all the turmoil. They welcome your presence and ask for your help in protecting your own galaxy from this new foe. Resources in this new galaxy could be a whole new tier of quality starting with Oganite and Avorion which are the new iron and titanium.

This was just a quick idea and open to dramatic improvement, but the idea of a new galaxy with new tier of material to expand and grow would had a tremendous amount of continued play time. My story is meh and just an example to start the gears turning in much better writer's heads. I hope this idea is seen favorably. I love the game and can't wait to see what lies in the future!

1 answer to this suggestion

It's already stated in the game that the Xsotan come from some other galaxy. As far as I've understood, the're like locust, feeding on matter.

The Guardian is actually guarding the portals to those other galaxies (or just one of their border galaxies).

Those things you fight aren't their ships, it's themselves. Thy don't have the instruments to communicate with other races from this galaxy because the inhabitants of this galaxy have been sharing/trading/stealing each other's tech for a while now and they're unfamiliar with that.

If you leave them alone, they leave you alone. But they're attracted to random energy outbursts (which is reflected as reputation loss when you fire weapons) and see them as a potential threat or food. You've probably seen them consuming asteroids, turning them into usable material for food or new ships. They probably see asteroids as plants and other ships as meat.

But all of this doesn't exclude the option of traveling to their place and finding out they have their own problems. Heck, before even doing that, we could find a way to establish communications with them, make some trade pacts, explain our situation WITH them TO them, etc. Maybe they would agree to take waste/radioactive products of our civilisations in exchange for <whatever your story needs>.

But I'm against new materials. That would mean that Avorion, which you strived for this game is actually very weak. And it would also feel like what's coming is just a copy-paste of what you've been through already. Maybe just add "purified/energized Avorion", which would be very hard to obtain. It's like energy, solidified or matter, destabilized. You'd obtain it in trace amounts and it wouldn't show up as material, but a trading good (would take up cargo space). But eventually, you could unlock the hidden option to build ship components out of that. When deleting a component, it just vanishes but that's explained before you could even start building with it. Better for it to vanish whan explode :P

Oh, and it could be the ultimate material for warhead explosives!