Believable sectors and stations

Sakata

Suggestion

There are quite a few times that I see a few pierat ships come in along with aliens, and absolutely obliterate a system's defences, and slowly wear down the system's stations until nothing is left.  Also players can attack stations with impunity.

I think that stations should pregenerate with a believable amount of weapons, enough to hold off all but the dedicated group, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to build a station.  I think perhaps a way to do this would be make stations possess weapons, and make them enough decent weapons to hold off at least 5 ships - plus they should scale with difficulty.

Another thought, is that when the station comes under attack (if it's not an errant shot, need a way to not call in the armada for nothing), the station runs a script that basically checks for the threshold to be met of damage, broadcast a distress call, and a timer starts (somewhat random) that warps in a response fleet size related to the threat (equal or better omicron rating?), and with the faction's holdings (some one-system 'town' can't afford an armada...).

1 answer to this suggestion

I've seen an abandoned group of fighters in a pirate sector. The owner must have jumped away. But the fighters grinded down EVERYTHING there. All the destroyers, corvettes, head hunters and any Xsotan that might have appeared in the meantime.

At the end, they started worshipping a jumpgate for its invulnerability.