Hide Selected and Ambient Light Control in Build Mode

Mononeucleosis

Suggestion

Edit:  I'd like to see an option for a movable directional light for use in the build mode, or the ability to control the ambient light while in it. This would help normalize light levels so you don't get blinded by glows or have areas that you can't see what you're doing due to excessive shadow.

A Hide selected (Via clicking or group selection) option would also greatly help this as you could hide specific sections of your ship and not all blocks of a certain type (Credit to Uthael for this better option than my original thought on dealing with this problem)

Loving the game and the work you have done so far.

6 answers to this suggestion

Right, I'm being thick, you're meaning a hide selected of any type, it just has to be part of the selections. As opposed to what my brain was saying, hiding ALL blocks of a specific type. And yeah that would rule out the need for a work light. Although I still would like a way to even out the ambient light while in the build tool. Want me to edit the OP or do you want to make a new thread, as it's your idea and better than what I was suggesting.