[MOD] Asteroid size based on distance

KickRAzz

This mod changes how big asteroids are depending on the distance from the galaxy's core.

At vanilla values, the asteroids are always between size 5 to 25

now they are between 5 to 47.

This mod changes SectorGenerator.lua

Installation:

Just download and overwrite the file

Changelog:

2/13/2018: Added that asteroid fields scale aswell a bit aswell, from 2250 max to ~4200 max

If you would like to see more versions of this, let me know.

Distance_Asteroids_5to47.zip

• 1 month later...

So I'm using this and it has a bit of a bad side effect and another that is hilarious..  It changes the size of normal asteroids as well so close to the center the clusters of rocks are all crazy big which is funny to me..  trouble is I can't claim anything anymore not sure if this mod did it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm using this and it has a bit of a bad side effect and another that is hilarious..  It changes the size of normal asteroids as well so close to the center the clusters of rocks are all crazy big which is funny to me..  trouble is I can't claim anything anymore not sure if this mod did it or not.

hah you're right they look kinda too big, or maybe too dense.

i can do a couple of things, make the whole asteroids field bigger, so there is more space between them, i can decrease the amount of asteroids in a asteroid field, or i can make them a bit smaller.

for now i changed the asteroid fields size. if you're going to update, it will only apply on newly generated sectors.