[Mod][Event] Xsotan Dreadnought

Hammelpilaw

Hi Hammel,

First I love the mod and the variety it adds to the game, I'm a frequent player on the US Rusty {CorePvP} server.  So i've had quite a few run ins with the Dreadnaught.  He is definitely a boss to take seriously and I love the difficulty it adds to the game!

However, with the new Scaling the has been added into the game, there are a few issues, which im sure you're aware of.  Now (on the Rusty server), the dreadnaught can spawn in with millions more omi (I've encountered some with 100 mil+ omi).  The XWG has this same issue (on the Rusty server i've seen the XWG have 4 billion omi) which of course mean instant death for anyone no matter how strong they are 

Now of course This is a bit obsurd, but with the XWG you can have some counterplay, like just staying more than 15km away from him so he cant kill you.

Now i'm fine with the damage in all honesty, it adds a great challenge to overcome.  The problem lies in the fact that he spawns right on top of you (about 5-10km), so well if you only have about 5 seconds to get away, well you just die.

My suggestion is maybe make him spawn about 30-45km from the spawn area of the sector so the player can accurately assess what he is getting into with scanners etc and decide whether he wants to fight it or to run.

Im not sure if this is possible with the coding or not, but I thought i'd run the Idea by you.

Thanks again man, the mod is great!

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I know these problems... but in my opinion it is not an issue in my mod, but an issue in Avorion.

You may read this topic, I showed up the problems with all bosses that uses the new Xsotan scaling, talked about the Wormhole Guardian and also the Dreadnought.

I will not change the overall balancing of this mod yet cause of several reasons:

• Balancing for Dreadnought is configurable in the mods config
  • You can disable the Xsotan scaling for the Dreadnought in config
  • Xsotan scaling will change in future versions of Avorion (this is not official, but Im sure it will)
  • Currently Im working on a global balancing mod wich will also be able to modify/disable the Xsotan scaling

If you do not like the balancing of the Dreadnought on your server, you may ask an admin to configure it.

If you got further questions feel free to ask.

The balancing itself is indeed no problem at all, just needs further refining.

Altough his other request to change the distance it spawns from the player might be a good config option, to give players a little more time to respond.

Especially for those with weaker internet connections it can be brutal to have it spawn nearby, as it is balanced above the avarage for that area.

Especially for those with weaker internet connections it can be brutal to have it spawn nearby, as it is balanced above the avarage for that area.

Well thats a point. Never had problems with fast connection and fast pc... Never thought about how people feel waiting at loading screen.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...