Change upgrade/turret drop calculation

Rinart73

Suggestion

Currently upgrade/turret drops with some chance from every destroyed block.

I suggest to change this, because this can be easilly exploited by players. Player can build a cheap ship with a bunch of small blocks and just destroy them.

Also xsotan are often generated with a bunch of small blocks, which makes farming upgrades from them preferred way instead of NPC faction fights e.t.c.

1. Upgrade drop should be based on ship size (or this new variable that determines how many upgrades you can use) and some chance.

As an example, let's say we have an enemy ship which can hold 3 upgrades and drop chance is 20%. As battle goes, if due to the loss of volume ship can have installed only 2 modules, there is a 20% chance that it will drop a module. If ship is destroyed, there is a 20% chance for every slot to 'drop' a module.

2. Turret drop should be limited to the amount of turrets on NPC ship. Again, with some chance, some turrets might be destroyed in battle and not drop.

3. Player/Alliance owned ships can't drop additional modules/turrets (only those which were installed on ship). This will prevent players from exploiting mechanics.

2 answers to this suggestion

1. Why not give NPCs a chance to spawn with a specific upgrade module? It would also affect their stats (acceleration, speed, shields, shield regen, speed limit removal,...).

When they die, they drop it 100%, just like players. Still, they only had a chance to spawn with it.

2. AFAIK, destroying an enemy turret actually gives it a small chance to drop.

3. I thought it already works that way. Wait, wait, wait... Are you telling me that I can build a 5000 blocks of a ship, have my buddy blast that ship and we get a whole bunch of modules?

Why not give NPCs a chance to spawn with a specific upgrade module? It would also affect their stats (acceleration, speed, shields, shield regen, speed limit removal,...).

I agree. It would make NPC ships stronger and more diverse.

But I disagree with 100% chance drop. It will be too easy to farm.

Are you telling me that I can build a 5000 blocks of a ship, have my buddy blast that ship and we get a whole bunch of modules?

Yes, you can. You can do this without friend. Due to the testing, I created few small ships without modules. Then I destroyed one and got yellow energy module.