A few words of Feedback, a few questions and a few ideas ;)

DestroNK

Hello everyone und auch ein fröhliches Hallo an die Entwickler :-) But I'll continue in English in order to not trigger anyone in here :D :D

First of all, I'd like to mention that I love this whole idea about the game. I'm usually not that kind of player that likes "Space"-games, but this game here differs a lot from all existing games that exist in that kind of category.

It's sandbox, which means you can build everything you want, the idea about the game is nice and also the difficulty is nice. It's awesome to recognize that the devs do care about many little details that many of the "big game developers" like Ubisoft etc are missing. As far as I know you are a development team consisting of 3 people, and the initial idea itself, or let's say the "prototype" came from one person only.

Being a dev myself (not in games but in office and web applications) I know what big kind of work and struggle of brain capacity you had to suffer :) You've got my biggest respect.

Considering the fact that Avorion is still in early access and in alpha or beta (?) the game already has many nice features that other games are missing, and also the price on steam is more than fair to all customers. I'd like to give you guys props on that one and I hope that you have a great future. There are many games out there which start in early access, have a great hood of customers, which .... well let's say .. will stay in alpha or beta forever, because the devs don't give anymore crap about the game, cause they made their money.

I'm feeling certain that this will never be the case for Avorion, and if it might be in any time, I would really be badly surprised.

Another nice fact is also that a friend of mine who hosts his own server and also worked on his own scripts for his server told me that he was in contact with you guys and that you do respond to your customership, which really is a really nice honor that as far as I know no game ever before had - at least no game which had this nice kind of success that it got in the recent time -- and I hope that the customership grows even bigger.

Now after making my feedback, let's head to the questions / ideas.

I wanted to ask you guys what you have planned for the future. As I have already mentioned I like the difficulty setting, we are playing on highest difficulty which is quite a big challenge in the early, but it gets pretty easy after you harvest naonite, making you able to just stack your shield and be some kind of invincible (except for shield breaking weapons, god damn them :D)

One little problem I experienced here, is that once you hit naonite / trinium the game gets too easy. At least that's my point of view, idk if someone sees this different.

Ofc it's a big question what you are heading to - you want to make big money, create your own stations, or do you just want to enter the center and kill the boss? However, there should be some kind of different progress you have to run through, which gives the whole game a bit more content and maybe some other kind of challenge. Don't get me wrong, it's not ez pez like some other games, which you play on hardcore difficulty blindfolded, but I was able to survive in mid without any problems on highest difficulty with a naonite ship ^^ Maybe perform a scaling which is dependent on the material of the weapons you are using? (if it doesn't exist already, I'm not sure about it)

Or maybe you could invent a new stat "damage multiplicator" which can be boosted by building a new block, like "Battle power modifier" which starts at 100% and can be boosted (similar to hypership cores)

Another thing that would be nice (and I'm sure it is planned) to add a bit more end-game content.. Once you hit mid you don't really know what to do, except for harvesting Ogonite and Avorion to make the ship stronger, but what for? I know there is a boss at 0/0 (which I also don't have defeated yet) but there should be more .. What I have thought about, a little impression, maybe perform something which is similar to diablo or path of exile, that you can "re-run" the whole game once after beating the boss, for example that there is a 2nd parallel galaxy which you have access to once defeating the boss, there you also got all the materials you had before, but they grant better stats, more HP etc and they are name some kind like 'ionised Iron' or 'reinforced Iron' which make the "next step" after hitting Avorion.. You could create a portal after beating the boss that gets you in a 2nd galaxy which co-exists to the first, maybe you can invert the style of the existing world (background pictures etc) to something more creepy like that, and also include the Xsotan to that, maybe create a parallel quest line which involves the Xsotan, that explains the story or that maybe leads you to have to work together with them, some kind of this direction ... This is just brain storming from my side but I guess it would be cool :) Since if you really 'want' then you can finish the game pretty fast (hardcore mining and grinding etc)

Maybe also some more ways of creating your own sectors with harvest-facilities etc, how about adding some kind of defensive structures you can invent? Some kind of defensive structures that keep your sector safe? I know you can build ships in order to defend yourself, but there should maybe be a bit bigger system, oppurtunities to build defensive structures and also some attack-events which do not consist of pirates or just xsotan, you could do real wars which a fraction that tries to invade your sector, making them appear in single waves that you have defeat, in order to keep your sector and not losing it to anyone else.

Also it would be nice if the later-on-fights could be against much bigger ships, not the usual 50k to 100k ships but ships with more than a million HP and shield, and maybe a fighting power of 50k + ? ;) Making you need to construct a much much bigger ship

However these were just some random ideas I wanted to mention, idk if one of these is suitful for you, but if it is then I'd been happy.

However, I'm sure that you'll invent a lot of new content in the future and I can't wait for it :) I am really curious about it.

Have a nice day and carry on, und auch einen guten Rutsch ins Jahr 2018 an euch!

mfg DestroNK

maybe perform something which is similar to diablo or path of exile' date=' that you can "re-run" the whole game once after beating the boss, for example that there is a 2nd parallel galaxy which you have access to once defeating the boss, there you also got all the materials you had before, but they grant better stats, more HP etc and they are name some kind like 'ionised Iron' or 'reinforced Iron' which make the "next step" after hitting Avorion.. You could create a portal after beating the boss that gets you in a 2nd galaxy which co-exists to the first, maybe you can invert the style of the existing world (background pictures etc) to something more creepy like that, and also include the Xsotan to that, maybe create a parallel quest line which involves the Xsotan, that explains the story or that maybe leads you to have to work together with them, some kind of this direction ... This is just brain storming from my side but I guess it would be cool :) Since if you really 'want' then you can finish the game pretty fast (hardcore mining and grinding etc) [/quote']

Yay, nightmare-hell modes ! It would be awesome for those wonderful designs one can make with Ogonite and Avorion but currently really use for 5% of the game.

And it would be an interesting roleplay opportunity for my faction.

"O Great Leader, what does this mean ?

- It must mean... er :o... the idols are in the backstage ! Yes ???, this strange dimension is the backstage... of the galaxy. We must split and find em' all !

(Cue the guru trying to flee the galaxy before the cultists and billions of impatient guests find out

they'd been had ;D)"

• 2 weeks later...

maybe perform something which is similar to diablo or path of exile' date=' that you can "re-run" the whole game once after beating the boss, for example that there is a 2nd parallel galaxy which you have access to once defeating the boss, there you also got all the materials you had before, but they grant better stats, more HP etc and they are name some kind like 'ionised Iron' or 'reinforced Iron' which make the "next step" after hitting Avorion.. You could create a portal after beating the boss that gets you in a 2nd galaxy which co-exists to the first, maybe you can invert the style of the existing world (background pictures etc) to something more creepy like that, and also include the Xsotan to that, maybe create a parallel quest line which involves the Xsotan, that explains the story or that maybe leads you to have to work together with them, some kind of this direction ... This is just brain storming from my side but I guess it would be cool :) Since if you really 'want' then you can finish the game pretty fast (hardcore mining and grinding etc) [/quote']

Yay, nightmare-hell modes ! It would be awesome for those wonderful designs one can make with Ogonite and Avorion but currently really use for 5% of the game.

And it would be an interesting roleplay opportunity for my faction.

"O Great Leader, what does this mean ?

- It must mean... er :o... the idols are in the backstage ! Yes ???, this strange dimension is the backstage... of the galaxy. We must split and find em' all !

(Cue the guru trying to flee the galaxy before the cultists and billions of impatient guests find out

they'd been had ;D)"

Whut?! :'D

Didn't get you, sorry, do you like my idea or are you making fun of me ?! XD

Nope, it's just that I roleplay my faction as some sort of cult that believes that there'll be a concert at [0;0], the Xsotan bouncers, and the rift a security cordon, so the little skit was the imagining of what would happen when the nightmare mode/re-run begins and every cultist wonders "where da idols at" after the Wormhole Guardian defeat. :)

I liked your idea, because Ogonite and Avorion designs are only used for the very end-game, so the re-run could extend their timespan up till upgraded naonite/trinium is found.

• Boxelware Team

Yeah, we do sometimes answer to threads like this. Though, not as often as we like :)

What you said here sounds quite good, a lot of it is actually on our todo-list. As Ulrich_Rüstungjäger pointed out there is a Roadmap that contains the "will absolutely be implemented" features.

I don't know if we really ever will do the second-run through, maybe that comes when we progress the story a bit more.

Don't get me wrong, it's not ez pez like some other games, which you play on hardcore difficulty blindfolded, but I was able to survive in mid without any problems on highest difficulty with a naonite ship ^^ Maybe perform a scaling which is dependent on the material of the weapons you are using? (if it doesn't exist already, I'm not sure about it)

Or maybe you could invent a new stat "damage multiplicator" which can be boosted by building a new block, like "Battle power modifier" which starts at 100% and can be boosted (similar to hypership cores)

I do actually love this idea. This could be a great way of making higher materials  more effective.

I think it would be a good idea to go like SkyCore suggested here.

The formula could then be adapted to the used material with only Avorion granting unlimited (or at least very high) possibilities. I would even consider using this machanic with other blocks (like hyperspace cores, computers, thrusters etc.) as well, mabye with other values used in the formula.