Ship characteristics! Easy yet game changing!

_OMAR_

Suggestion

Hi!

I love avorion! Its amazing and thank you for such awesome game! I have an idea to make it even better! I am playing this game with my wife as me being a bulky armored arm to teeth battleship and her with a more like a utility ship with a lot of mining, salvaging lasers and a huge cargohold to store stuff we found on the way. Basically I am keeping us alive and she is providing resources and money to us! But problem is with current version of the game it's not that necessary to have multiple ships specialized in certain areas because with a big bulky ship i have let's say i need fire power then swap some chips and put on some guns, or if i need mining or salvaging again swap some chips put on some lasers and done! Well this is a good thing in a way but it also makes it a lot less meaningful to have a ship specialized on something other than combat. To fix this i have a few ideas. Right now mining chips "system upgrades" near useless because only 5k mine showing range on the best one, well i believe you can very easily find an ore in this close range with those awesome glows. But if it had something around 25k range WITH a bonus efficiency and/or damage bonus to mining lasers then i could use those things to have a 100% "best case, best grade" mining efficiency with improved damage which would make a lot more sense and reason to have such a ship or co op player dedicated to this! Same goes for salvaging as well. Also one more thing is scanner upgrades. I am in a big chunky bulky ship slow and heavy thus i cant get in much close to things to check if they have cargo or not. So either i have to stack up to 5 legendary scanner upgrade "which is ridiculous" to be able to check out the cargo on wreckages OR make a very long hologram stick to fake my range by breaking all the immersion of this awesome game! So instead of a 110% scanner range on a legendary chip it should be around 300% to increase that 200m distance to atleast a reasonable 1k. These are not that hard of a changes but still would make the game a lot more impressive and gives the ships certain builds instead of saying "bigger is always better no matter what you use it for". Please atleast consider the idea of having certain characteristic builds on ships.

One last thing. Game gives you a feeling of being chased and under constant pressure for no reason which forces you to always build a battle ship even tho you wanna avoid combat when playing the game and limiting your freedom on it by always sending xsotan or pirate spawns constantly! Yes those are awesome events and has a lot of immersion to add but sometimes you are getting extremely annoyed by infinite amount of alien and pirate spams coming to you in middle of nowhere at an empty space when you are building or when you are mining peacefully! There must be a limit of those spawns like after one spawn on a sector game should wait for you to jump another sector to spawn them again. And those spawning enemies shouldn't be timed like every 15 minutes instead should be very random, like maybe at 30. Minute or at 2. Minute! Whenever I found a good resourceful asteroid field I can't simply have some peace and mine myself some big rocks or salvage in a salvaging sector! This is really annoying. The game should give you a way of playing the game without any or very minimal weaponry used. I mean i know there must be combat involved no matter what but instead of having 10 weapons and 1 unarmed i should be able to progress through the game with 6 unarmed and 4 armed turrets as a civilian, utility ship.

Please consider these ideas because i believe with your masterful hands these will make the already unique game even better.

Thank you...

1 answer to this suggestion

One-ship-fits-all is a known "problem" and it WILL be gradually dealt with. Have a look at these:

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,4196

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,4169

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,4220

As for being hunted...

I used to play on a public beta server (I'm bugged there so I can't rejoin anymore).

There, the Xsotan are neutral if you don't fire a weapon. Then, they just see you as something of a rich resource and attack. If you run away at that point (or let other NPCs kill them), the other Xsotan you meet won't be hostile. I've managed to visit the 0,0 sector without killing a single Xsotan ship.

Editing your ship when a big alien fleet spawns into the sector actually offers some more security for me because they'll be the ones dealing with potential pirates.

The problem is; it happens everywhere

except in 0,0. Even in the riftless circle.