How do the game health mechanics work?

xisec

Hello guys. I am interesting in how the game health mechanics works. I have a lot of doubts, but the most important are this two:

Question number 1:

The damage taken does depends of the piece beaten? For example, if someone hit me on the generators, do I receive more damage than if someone hit me on the armor?

Question number 2:

If someone hits a mall piece of my ship with a huge damage, what happends with the excess of damage that exceed that little piece health?

I have readed this two posts that contain information about this issue:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/445220/discussions/0/135510393198186982/

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2219.0.html

If you have any other information, I would like to know it too :)

Maybe we could make this post like a summary of the health mechanics and then put it into wiki  ;D

See u o>

From my xp:

1) There's no "armor" or "damage bonuses". All the damage numbers are flat and are applies as such.

... Except when mining/salvaging.

2) The extra damage is gone. But AoE and block pierce exist.

If your ship had 1000 layers of 1HP blocks, it would take a lot of time to drill into it with slow-firing weapons.

3) Let's say that shooting an enemy ship with 20-30 lightnings (or railguns) took off 95% of their shield. After reload, another shot would take the remaining 5% of their shield. All guns fired at once. Those 5% will stop the whole burst. If all your weapons would hit at once and reload, it's better to fire them in groups.

From my xp:

1) There's no "armor" or "damage bonuses". All the damage numbers are flat and are applies as such.

... Except when mining/salvaging.

2) The extra damage is gone. But AoE and block pierce exist.

If your ship had 1000 layers of 1HP blocks, it would take a lot of time to drill into it with slow-firing weapons.

3) Let's say that shooting an enemy ship with 20-30 lightnings (or railguns) took off 95% of their shield. After reload, another shot would take the remaining 5% of their shield. All guns fired at once. Those 5% will stop the whole burst. If all your weapons would hit at once and reload, it's better to fire them in groups.

Oh, I see.

And here there is a mate that says that the IFG not only multiplies the block's health, but also spread the damage if the piece is destroyed (which is most cases is a bad thing, in my opinion):

00P0ZCbASaeT0KEI_agLoA.png

So if I have not IFG and I hit an asteroid at 5000km/s, I only will break one of my pieces and I will not dead? :D

After testing it seems that it is not the case. Maybe the collision mechanics are different?