General Balance/Building/Misc Suggestions

Sirsam

Suggestion

Hi there,

I am a new player in the world of Avorion but that does not mean I'm new to games or anything to do in that genre of information.

Progression in a game like this is Huge, so getting a better balance will benefit everyone, especially on multiplayer servers.

So I'd like to talk about my experiences in the game then that will lead to my list of suggestions.

Mind you I'm still in Iron/titanium (purely by choice, I like exploring a lot of stuff, not just heading straight to the middle of galaxy), I picked up a couple of golds and blues from some destroyed pirates and before I knew it, I was selling anywhere from 50k-300k a piece....

Also after I achieved basically only around 400k money, almost every gate I've come across has been a joke in terms of cost. The highest I saw was like 8k and they Hated me.

Another thing is the reconstruction sites. I feel like they are a greast price sitting at 150k, but nothing else lines up in that realm of making sense. 150k to bind to another station but 1k to travel a shitton?

So anyways, here are my suggestions to improve the game's pace.

- Increase the amount of money to use gates by 2x/3x/4x ect....Make it an actual money sink. It turned trivial after 15 hours of play.

- Option A.}  Decrease the rarity of found upgrades (turrets/all other upgrades) to white/green until hitting naonite.

or

- Option B.} Hugely decrease prices at which upgrades sell for

or

Option C.} Both option A and B

I love building my little drone up from ship iteration to ship iteration slowly. Empires aren't built quickly. But at the current pace, I could salvage for the next 20 hours and have a ridiculous amount of credits. More so then I even want. They break the pace for me in the early game.

- Allow one free rebinding of a reconstruction site that is on the outskirts of the galaxy. Remind the player to save it for friends, not just to move randomly. This is beneficial if you start far far away from friends. There are of course the massive wormhole portals but being completely new trying to find one of those is overwhelming learning the controls/game as well.

- In Build Mode, allow hiding specific slices of blocks, or singular blocks to allow us to easily choose middle slices that are fully encased.

I love this game already though.

1 answer to this suggestion

No thanks. The last thing this game needs it to turn into an elite grinderious clone. There are plenty of credit sinks if you actually bother with them, like the 400 million body armor factories with all the maintenance.

Fix the trading first, and if you like it hard then theres aways mods, or keep it at insane difficulties only.

Dont ruin it for everyone else, especially how collosal of a failure trade is now after some vocal people complained.

I want to build an empire, if i cant there are other games for that.