US Tree Needs to lose Official backing for Banning people that dont agree

OldManGaming

Hello,

I have been around for many years and I never before had any issues with any dev, admin or server owner.   

US Tree is currently a supported and backed server by the developers.  

US Tree recently decided to post something tagging everybody.  Saying you need to make an effort to check peoples genders or you can be banned.   I am 45, I only see male and female.  But I dont discriminate against what somebody else wants to be,  I dont even get into politics in games.

Here is the admins post and my reply.
https://imgur.com/a/0SRAGl6

https://imgur.com/a/fCBju0K

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

So, I gave my 2 cents, and got called a bigot for my belief.   So apparently, a server backed by Boxelware, is saying if you dont recognize more than 2 genders(even if you never said anything bad or broke any rules) you are banned on boxelware supported servers.

US tree and EU Tree I am banned on now, never having broke rules.  Both have the blue boxelware approval seal.  I feel you need to address this.  Because I am going to spend time letting the gaming community know of this 1 sided bigotry towards people who dont break rules.

I don't understand your problem or your argument.

You make it sound like there are complicated rules and harsh punishment for accidental violations. But then you disprove it with a screenshot. The rules are simple. Don't be an ass on purpose and be respect[ful] when you are corrected and make an effort [...] if in doubt. What is so difficult about that?

You claim you "don't get drawn into political stuff when" and that this stuff "has no affect on [your] playing video games". At the same time you come up with a straw man argument replacing people that just want to be respected with ridiculously demanding caricatures and dare the mods to ban you. It would be comical if it were not so sad. You are like the guy in the bicycle meme.

Grow up, be the man you claim to be and stop whining about stuff you did to yourself.

• 1 month later...

I just found Avorion... 4 days ago, and have found what is immediately one of my favorite all time space games. Old Eve Online, etc, player here. I decided to check out the community and multiplayer last night. 

I just found the 'US Tree' server in question because I loaded the server browser for the first time and it had the most people. The rules there are clear and easy to follow - - MIS-gendering someone intentionally is against the rules. This is simple to understand, and if someone's requested pronouns are THAT hard to respect, perhaps find another server? 

Being unable to respect what people wish to be called is a weird problem to have.