i want to contribute icon.

Hellatze

If I may make a suggestion as an artist and designer. The icon is nice but it doesnt "feel" like an icon that is supposed to be used as a "found system". Maybe instead of a / through the planet,  maybe have a flag like in "found ship" on the planet, or a wrench.

~610th Technical Evaluation Division

This icon represent for nav calculation system.

Maybe i need to changelater on on better icon.

I think by "system" Hellatze means the System Module Upgrades. I'm guessing a bit here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they are suggesting a new SMU to do with navigating the galaxy and helping with the coordinate system in some way.

I'm interested to hear how a system like that would work in yor view, Hellatze? What does it do for you when you install it on your ship?

I think by "system" Hellatze means the System Module Upgrades. I'm guessing a bit here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they are suggesting a new SMU to do with navigating the galaxy and helping with the coordinate system in some way.

I'm interested to hear how a system like that would work in yor view, Hellatze? What does it do for you when you install it on your ship?

I didn't even clock the idea of it being a system upgrade, good eye.

Simply reduce time to calculate coordinate used for jump.

I do t want to wait 20 min to jump 100 sector away ( my ship capavle to do that )

Ahhhh nice one. Yep, I would like to be able to reduce that cooldown. We can reduce almost every other cooldown in the game by some way of blocks or System Module Upgrades, so why not. It would make hit-and-run attacks on PvP servers a lot harder to deal with though, as you can't keep 'em trapped in your System and they could just jump in, wreak havoc and jump out to who knows where. I think if we were to get a way to reduce that timer, we'd need a counterbalance in the form of Hyperspace Jammers as System Module Upgrades, or as blocks.

Ahhhh nice one. Yep, I would like to be able to reduce that cooldown. We can reduce almost every other cooldown in the game by some way of blocks or System Module Upgrades, so why not. It would make hit-and-run attacks on PvP servers a lot harder to deal with though, as you can't keep 'em trapped in your System and they could just jump in, wreak havoc and jump out to who knows where. I think if we were to get a way to reduce that timer, we'd need a counterbalance in the form of Hyperspace Jammers as System Module Upgrades, or as blocks.

Have a question.

Can you mod a system ? I can help creating icon when i have a time.

Thanks! Also, nice. Unreal Engine.

So far I've gotten a clone of a Radar Upgrade into the game, but using your icon, a custom name and custom description. Step 1 complete! Time to figure out where the data is that controls how long the ship needs to calculate for a hyperspace jump, and whether it's exposed to mods...

Ooh, I like the targeting one for the coordinate calculator module. The generator one looks good! Could be one from the game itself. ;)

----

OK, so a little bit of an update from me and my work on this: I've scrounged through all the Documentation, and tried to make sense of a couple of different scripts and other System Module Upgrades. There doesn't seem to be a function or property readily available that controls the amount of time that is taken calculating the next jump through hyperspace. So no luck there.

I did find an Enum that might be of interest: it's called StatsBonuses and every other System Module Upgrade uses it to apply modifiers to the different stats that spacecraft have (surprising, I know, right?). Some of the StatsBonuses in question are StatsBonuses.RadarReach and StatsBonuses.HyperspaceCooldown.

However, according to the Documentation, unfortunately this Enum does not expose the time it takes to calculate the next hyperspace jump; here's the full list of stats that are exposed to StatsBonuses, as mentioned in the documentation of Enums:

[spoiler=enum StatsBonuses]RadarReach

HiddenSectorRadarReach

ScannerReach

HyperspaceReach

HyperspaceCooldown

HyperspaceRechargeEnergy

ShieldDurability

ShieldRecharge

Velocity

Acceleration

GeneratedEnergy

EnergyCapacity

BatteryRecharge

ArbitraryTurrets

UnarmedTurrets

ArmedTurrets

CargoHold

Engineers

Mechanics

Gunners

Miners

Security

Attackers

Sergeants

Lieutenants

Commanders

Generals

Captains

As you can see, only HyperspaceReach, HyperspaceCooldown and HyperspaceRechargeEnergy are exposed, and we all know those are already System Module Upgrades that are available in-game.

----

Having done all that research, I'm fairly confident it is currently not possible to implement your mod idea for a hyperspace calculation accelerator, sorry. :(

I'll keep looking around just to be sure, but I think I'm clutching at straws at this point.

P.S.

Interestingly though, crew are on this list. It may potentially be possible to mod in an "Autopilot" System Module that adds a captain to a spaceship even if you don't hire a Captain. Perhaps you could even create a whole automated spacecraft not stocked with crew of any description this way. Adds some cool flavour to your ships and saves money, besides!

so that was possible mod ?

intresting.

will try to make more icon.

question :

1. can we make mod for turret damage with those selection ?

2. can we create specialized turret system : (like railgun able to peneltrate more block system, laser able to increase tick rate, etc)

btw : another icon

Haha, these icons are cool! Keep 'em coming. We may be able to use them in some way, yes!

1. can we make mod for turret damage with those selection ?
You mean a System Module Upgrade to increase all turrets' damage output? Not easily, I don't think. At least, such an entry doesn't exist inside the StatsBonuses enum.

2. can we create specialized turret system : (like railgun able to peneltrate more block system, laser able to increase tick rate, etc)
I'm gonna say maybe? I found the TurretGenerator function:

TurretGenerator.generate(x, y, offset_in, rarity_in, type_in, material_in)

which when supplied a type_in argument will generate a random turret with random material and rarity (unless you also supply those) based on where you are in the galaxy (x,y coordinates and some offset for the rarity and damage generation).

The type_in has to be a type that the game recognises, which means you have to put it in the game. In the documentation, the enum WeaponType lists the following entries:

[spoiler=enum WeaponType]ChainGun

Laser

MiningLaser

PlasmaGun

RocketLauncher

Cannon

RailGun

RepairBeam

Bolter

LightningGun

TeslaGun

ForceGun

SalvagingLaser

PulseCannon

I don't know how hard it is to extend this list. It may be trivial, or it may require some access to the source code which we currently don't have.

But if you want to generate a specific turret of a specific WeaponType already in the game, with a specific rarity, then TurretGenerator is your friend. Just call it with from your mod with whatever arguments you want to supply it (only the x,y coordinates are mandatory - the rest you can fill in, or leave it up to the system to determine randomly).

I don't know how to create a new WeaponType, though. That would require further research and I'm getting hungry now so I'm going to get some food. :P

Ooh, one single turret? That sounds very hard. Considering Avorion doesn't have specific "turret slots", it's hard to assign an "ID" to a single "turret position", since this position could be anywhere on the ship, the turret could be any turret from a possible permutation of millions of different ones, and the numbers used to assign turret groups are arbitrary. I guess we could work with UUIDs, but that would get very messy very quickly, I feel. How to assign a SMU to one specific turret? How does this interface select the turret?

Or, rereading what you originally wrote, a specific type of turret? Railguns fire faster, missile travel speed is increased, lasers gain multifire, all chaingun cooldown timers after overheating reduced by 10%, that kind of thing? Interesting. I definitely see a "market" for a mod like that. Let me think how that could be done. After all, the turret traits are assigned to the turrets at generation. Who's to say we can't assign them at runtime i.e. on SMU install and remove them after the SMU or the turret is removed? We'd have to make sure to only remove the specific upgrade granted by the SMU, and not any overlapping upgrades the turret might already have (eg. a turret with 10% less cooldown time shouldn't lose this bonus because we uninstall the SMU that also grants cooldown time decrease).

I'll look into it: good ideas!

Well, first I'll do a little researching and see if the turret traits are something you can easily access and/or apply after creation time. If you can't, that's the end of that for now, I think. If you can, we'll have to see.

I have some other projects going on, and I'd really like to spend some time to get a decent mod manager up and running. Installing mods is rough as it currently stands, and I would love to be able to install/uninstall/reinstall mods on the fly by clicking a button, instead of painstakingly manually updating everything. That way, I could iterate much, much faster when trying to create and debug any mod that I'd be creating.

I'd like to talk to Dirtyredz and see how he set up that fabulous mod-hook system he uses in all his mods. I've looked at how it's done, but not extensively enough to fully grasp how it works exactly. I'd like to see if he can enlighten me some more if I spoke with him.

On top of that, I have real life ... stuff ... going on right now that prevents me from putting my full devotion into a project like this.

And finally I'd like to have some time to still play the game. :P

----

So in short: we'll have to see. Sorry if that's not satisfactory to you, but I'm telling you how it is up-front, so there's no mismatches in expectations and what I can deliver on. Hope you'll still want to work on something after having said all that. Sounds fun. ^^

Oh, look, Hellatze, I just took a look at the Roadmap that Boxelware has published, and one of the items on the list is:

More different upgrade types, ie. Reducing hyperspace calculation time, more physical/energy damage
Lol. So I guess the devs already got us covered on the "yeah let's put in an SMU that reduces the time it takes to calculate the next jump" front. ;)