Rotate "R" during build was unresponsive to clicking the arrow rings, but now it works.

Here's what I posted in the Discord channel:

March 14, 2024
  1. liebefrankie

Yesterday at 4:39 PM
    QUESTION: when in Build mode and I am trying to place a block, if I hit R to go into "rotate" mode, and click on any of the 3 axes (red, blue or green) the axis highlights as I hover over it, but clicking does nothing. The block does not rotate. I also duplicate mapped the "R" key to "\", with the same result. The question is: "what am I doing wrong?" or "do I need to look at some file to enable this functionality?" or "is the current Avorion broken WRT this feature?" or "is there any other way to rotate a block?" (edited)

2. liebefrankie

Today at 9:22 AM
    This morning it works! With no explanation at all - suddenly it works. It might be because I pressed all the WASD keys first (which don't do anything - they just bring up their original "stretch" stuff for ASD and whatever, if anything, W does). So now I can click on the rings and it rotates. I wish I knew why though - like if there was a recent update that fixed this, if there was a known problem, or if this is something that will raise its ugly head randomly and I'll have no idea how to fix it again, only that will happen after everybody nods their heads "so glad it's working for you". Ugh.

Whistlebeak (Krom)a93c8b7049609c700bc567e0ab9dcf97.webp?siToday at 9:23 AM

I've never seen, had or heard of this issue before, so no clue how you'd go about fixing it

ChaosPhoenixToday at 9:26 AM

Also some issues might be caused by background programs or just computer getting restarted, or some other software being updated like graphics driver

3c1b22a4480e5db410456128adc9894f.webp?si@Whistlebeak (Krom)
    I've never seen, had or heard of this issue before, so no clue how you'd go about fixing it
    6ca0bee7d070ffb713a60642c4296490.webp?si

liebefrankie

Today at 9:41 AM
    Thanks for the reply! I posted this on the official forum too, in case it's a very hard to reproduce bug that will haunt others - it sounds like it is. Intermittent functionality. It might be something some log file could have show click events and say 'why didn't that trigger the rotate?' - hopefully it's something that can be tracked down.