Extend Action Music Timer?

Shrooblord

Hey there,

I've been plotting through the game files that are available to us for modding, but couldn't find what I was looking for: I'm trying to write a simple mod that would extend the time needed to be out-of-combat before the action music fades out and is replaced by background music again.

I want to do this because too often I find myself skipping from one end of the battle into another, or just dart in and out of combat, and the music stops and starts, changing tracks twice. Also when my fighters are out rampaging through a sector, I'll have track switch-overs every 15 seconds or so. This gets a little tedious.

I noticed that there's a certain time of not being in combat after which the music drops away. How is this time determined? I'd like to find out so I can try and overwrite the default behaviour.

Thank you for your help,

Shrooblord

I could not find the trigger in scricts, it seems it is hard coded.

While looking through the files did you happen to see anything pertaining to the weapon sounds. I find it annoying we have 10 different rail gun sounds, (1_1-1_5 and 2_1-2_5 ) effectively being for the single and double rail guns with little to no difference besides "wined down"  effects at the trailing end of the sound. Something in the code to allow us to give specific weapon tiers specific sounds.

For example, say I want my Xanion rail gun to have a beam cannon SFX but I want my Naonite rail guns to have the Tie Fighter SFX.

If you came across something like that people who make sound packs could add even more weapon SFX

I could not find the trigger in scricts, it seems it is hard coded.

This is what I feared. I tried index-searching all the scripts for keywords I hoped would match, and did some manual snooping, but nothing. :/

From what I have seen the music change is triggered by an AI targeting your ship. I have been 3000km away from the center of a sector and had the music trigger when a group of pirates warp in and decided to not go for the station. This could be totally wrong though and just a coincidence on my part.

Interesting. I've had this happen too from time to time; now I understand why.

Too bad if it's hard coded; I'd love to be able to tweak elements of the game like this.