Sektor

Rookar

From what I've read (I've only recently returned to the game), as long as you make sure to destroy all pirates and Xanion before you leave the sector, all of your things will be safe from AI attackers.

I've also read that you have to leave a ship (even just a tiny block, or perhaps a storage platform) in a sector in order for it to remain "alive" while you're away. If you do this, factories and mines should produce.

I've further read that maximum "alive" sectors is 20 at a time, although I suspect this can be changed in some server setting or configuration file.

Ah thank you yes i have see the production goes on.

I fly around to search a big iron asteroid and then i get a message one of my ships are attacked. But then i fly back and come in sector i dont see any pirates or xsotans.

my freighter without an captain stays in sector.

and i use the carrier mod what i think it worked.

greets

I'm not sure about the production blocks, but the Build Mode tooltip does state that they should increase the speed of production for factories, so yeah, give it a try!

I didn't know that Asteroid Mines themselves don't count as "ships" to "stay-alive" a Sector. Good to know, thanks Blaine.

I did find that my Asteroid Mines get attacked infrequently by Xsotan and Pirates even while I'm not there, so I'm not sure how safe it is to just leave them after killing all the hostiles while you were inside the Sector. The attacks aren't nearly as often as when a player is active inside the Sector, but still, good to keep in mind.

I've also found that attacks on ships in a Sector while you're not there too are far heavier than when you're around. It's almost as if the shields are dysfunctional while you're not there to look at them; I've come back to well-armoured and heavily shielded ships in tatters after seeing one "your ship X is under attack!" message, while when I'm in the Sector they can survive an armada of Pirates and onslaught of Xsotan without even getting as much as scratched. Might be a bug, but something to keep in mind for now, too.

For your other questions, Rookar, to get Stations to sell goods, I've found that enabling the "actively request traders to come pick up goods" is a good setting to have ticked ON in the Trade Goods UI window, and that undercutting the price ranges of nearby sellers works really well. I've set my Silicium, Zinc, Gold and Silver mines to -26%, for instance, and I still make 100k+ on trades with those goods. There's about 5 trader vessels in my Sector at all times with those percentages, so that makes me a happy mine running overlord capitalist scumbag. ^^

Sorry for a quick double-post, but a little bit of an update:

I just played around for an hour in a neighbouring Sector doing trades and I can confirm two things:

• Your own Sectors don't appear to be loading traders when you're not inside them, even if you have a "keep-alive" ship currently active in that Sector. Contrast this with a ship that is set to "Salvage" a Sector while you're not there: you'll get a steady supply of resources gathered from Salvaging. My guess is that the Sector is active and your buildings are working fine, but the game doesn't actually spawn in any trader craft to come collect the goods, even with "actively request traders to come pick up goods" ticked.
  • Enemies don't attack your Sector while you are gone, as Blaine mentioned, if there were no enemies present in the Sector at the time that you left.

So for trading to work for your stations, you need to be in that Sector where they are located. But at the same time, your Sector is safe from harm.

EDIT:

Correction: it seems to work different still. You need to

[*]start the game;

[*]load the galaxy;

[*]visit the Sector where your factories are.

[*]From this moment onwards, trading works, even if you are away in a different Sector.

So you need to have visited your Sector once during play before it starts to trigger traders to come buy stuff from you. Weird, but good to know.

Thanks for the Infos ;)

a quick test with one minute says by a 1410/s Production block 560 Energy cells

without 480 it worked but its very expensive  ;D

my main ship is secure the sector then i away with my freighter to sell goods.

Salvage makes a horde fighters.

i dont look for sells then i search for an factori who whant buy my stuff next time i look.

edit: after 30 minutes stay out of the sector no trader comes. i set activ sell and the normal sell

edit2: i get credits but it doesnt show up

Open your chat by pressing Enter. Down by the bottom is five or six "channels" you can listen in on: Chat, Sector, Alliance, Economy, Notifications. Stuff like that. Either select the Economy tab to see only messsages pertaining to your sales, trades and purchases, or select Everything to see every notification of every sort; this includes the ones that are already displayed on the right-hand side of the screen, sadly, so it does produce some superfluous message logging, but I digress.

Thanks for the Infos ;)

a quick test with one minute says by a 1410/s Production block 560 Energy cells

without 480 it worked but its very expensive  ;D

my main ship is secure the sector then i away with my freighter to sell goods.

Salvage makes a horde fighters.

i dont look for sells then i search for an factori who whant buy my stuff next time i look.

edit: after 30 minutes stay out of the sector no trader comes. i set activ sell and the normal sell

1. Use trading post. Sure 25 mil, however the profit can go to 100 mil to 1 bil

2. You can check the credits at economic chat.

3. If AI trade hauler in your sector AFK. Your will never get the profit from station.

4. If you afraid building trading post. Build noble metal mine with platinum and gold. Those thing wil gives 100 k per trade.