Safe build area?

mrgrey1

Is there any way to get a 'safe' build sector? I'd like to be able to leave multiple builds floating in a sector without having to worry about them getting attacked, damaged or knocked around by AI. It's really frustrating to be deep in a build only to have to drop what you're doing to defend yourself. Is there any way to turn the AI off or make a sector player only? I don't want to have to go to the trouble of setting up a sector to be defended with ships/stations in game. I'm looking for an admin level option that enables me to build without distractions and leave my builds where I know they'll still be there as I left them when I get back.

Nope. Even in creative mode, pirates and Xsotan continually spawn at the player's location, and while there can be lulls, they never stop. It's an unfortunate fact that makes the game feel a bit less alive.

You don't necessarily need an entire infrastructure, though. If you're building near the rim of the galaxy, one swift, lightly-armed attack ship can eliminate all aggressors. The problem is getting turrets and modules, even in creative... maybe there's a new mechanic in place since I last played a year ago, but I doubt it.

You can use this mod (still works) to give yourself the components asked for by turret factories, provided you can find one:

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=1784.0

This place is not for promoting mods.

It's not my script, it's a year old, and I'm not "promoting" it. I'm linking to it because it might help OP create ships in peace. Speaking of which, I believe there's also a script that adds turrets to your inventory directly in Aki's script compilation, but I'm not sure if it still works.

I would suggest dialing down your incredibly abrasive and confrontational attitude. I noticed you managed to get yourself banned from the Avorion Steam forum, and it's no wonder.

This place is not for promoting mods.

It's not my script, it's a year old, and I'm not "promoting" it. I'm linking to it because it might help OP create ships in peace. Speaking of which, I believe there's also a script that adds turrets to your inventory directly in Aki's script compilation, but I'm not sure if it still works.

I would suggest dialing down your incredibly abrasive and confrontational attitude. I noticed you managed to get yourself banned from the Avorion Steam forum, and it's no wonder.

got banned because i notified piracy in game.

do you even know how i got banned ?

I've confirmed that pretty much everything in Aki's Avorion Commands Package still works.

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=830.0

Basically, for safe building:

[*]Start a creative galaxy.

[*]Create (or download/subscribe to on the Workshop) a 5- or 6-slot ship.

[*]Use the commands to add some turrets, turret upgrades, generator upgrades, and shield upgrades to your inventory, then equip them on the ship.

[*]Use the commands (/crew fill) to fill the ship with crew and a captain.

[*]Command the ship to Attack Enemies.

Now it will destroy all enemies who enter the system while you build for hours and hours.

I don't condone using these commands outside of creative mode for building or testing, as it will ruin the game experience. I'm very good at "resisting cheats," as I've run many dedicated game servers over the years and this form of self-control comes easily to me. If cheats tempt you, maybe try to get a defense ship without using commands for your creative mode save.

I can confirm though that having spent some time playing in the Outer Rim of your galaxy, that it is a super safe place to put your ships if you don't want them attacked by things too often. And if they do get attacked, those enemies are going to be super weak. I believe there's actually a bit of game code that specifies that certain attacks are literally impossible (chance of spawning = 0%) in the outermost Sectors of a galaxy - don't quote me on that though -, so give that a try.

I can confirm though that having spent some time playing in the Outer Rim of your galaxy, that it is a super safe place to put your ships if you don't want them attacked by things too often. And if they do get attacked, those enemies are going to be super weak. I believe there's actually a bit of game code that specifies that certain attacks are literally impossible (chance of spawning = 0%) in the outermost Sectors of a galaxy - don't quote me on that though -, so give that a try.

That was far away to jump.

Surprised nobody's mentioned it yet but:

Find a neutral sector. They are random and rare but you can tell you're in a neutral sector when you jump into one and get the message "you've entered a neutral sector." They typically generate with a shipyard and repair dock, PvP is disabled in them, and pirates will not attack.

"Added "neutral zones", sectors where no attacks will happen and where players can't deal damage to each other"

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2955.0.html

Ah, good point. I've been in a couple of neutral Sectors and I've always wondered whether it was only PvP that was disabled or whether Xsotan and Pirates also stayed out of them. Thanks for confirming. This is very useful information to me and my Trade Route plans.