Blocks - Rotate 45 degrees

ID-ASP

Suggestion

Hello. Developers or Modders.

You could not add to the "construction mode" the ability to rotate the blocks by 45 degrees.

We would be very grateful if we had such an opportunity, there are good ideas for the new ship, but sometimes such actions are needed to turn it into a 45-degree turn of the block.

_a1OxJf7S46R2U9H49n0Ww.png

27x3468JRKC7-pcsGbu3Qw.png

8 answers to this suggestion

I would love the ability to do this.

However, if you're running into a problem with angles, try and think around the problem and use the different corner blocks in unique ways playing to their different strengths in order to get the look you're going for.

I have seen my friend on my server do some pretty crazy stuff with angles and interlocking parts using what looks like the simplest of tricks, but requires actually a bit of forethought and mostly experience with voxel-based building games: combining two or three different types of in-and-out corners to achieve the effect he wanted.

Yes, in many projects you can find a way out, but not at all.

At least I could not find a way out here.

3D spacecraft model

The outer side of the wings of this model requires a narrowing in the end part, but since the wings go under the angle of 45 degrees, it does not come out to make a smooth narrowing.

3D spacecraft model

I think this is not the only example, many "professional" ship builders, there are similar difficulties, for those, it would become something like freedom to create.

That for us in Workshop there are new beautiful models :)

I hope Google translator correctly conveys the essence of messages.

On the implementation if it is not possible to do and will be introduced an alternative in the form of new blocks that can compensate for the turn - it will be wonderful.