Looking For A Mod...

Khorius Irelius

Up to this point I have committed to playing Avorion mod free, but if what I am looking for exists, it will save me hours of travel time...

I have multiple mining fleets all over my Galaxy. When they exhaust the resources in a sector it is a huge pain to stop what I am doing and make my way to their sector so I can move them to a new one.

Is there a mod out there that will allow the player to jump to a ship in another sector? Similar to the reconstruction mechanic that occurs when the player ship is destroyed?

Please advise! Thanks!

There is a teleport command you can use, but the devs have said they will be adding a non-cheating way to teleport to a sector that you have ships in specifically to move your mining fleets, etc. It should be in the next major update but no promises.

Yup, really looking forward to that update.

To expand upon what Ravien said, the exact command is:

/teleport PLAYER X Y

Enter this in chat and you'll be immediately teleported there in your ship, almost like you just jumped there normally.

For example:

/teleport Shrooblord -77 -162

would teleport me to the Sector with coordinates -77:-162

To see all commands you have access to, type /help in chat. To view the help information about a specific command, type /help command in chat. In this case, that would be /help teleport

Important to note, there is a difference between jumping normally and teleport.

Teleport retains your relative position *in* the sector.  If you jump normally to sector X Y, then fly out 200km from the spawn point, if you teleport to x2 y2 from there, you will arrive in x2 y2 200km out from the middle.

Yup, really looking forward to that update.

To expand upon what Ravien said, the exact command is:

/teleport PLAYER X Y

Enter this in chat and you'll be immediately teleported there in your ship, almost like you just jumped there normally.

For example:

/teleport Shrooblord -77 -162

would teleport me to the Sector with coordinates -77:-162

To see all commands you have access to, type /help in chat. To view the help information about a specific command, type /help command in chat. In this case, that would be /help teleport

But console commands are not available in scripting api.

Cool! So a normal jump would always teleport you to a safe place in the target Sector, I assume, but /teleport could potentially warp you inside an asteroid? That sounds fun!!

You'd slide off if there was something there.  There is a set spot where you pop into a sector when you jump normally.  No matter where you jump from, you always land there.  (roughly the center I believe).

When you teleport, it saves your relative position.  So if you flew out 100km from the center, and teleported, you'd be 100km from the center in the same direction (and orientation) in the new sector.

Important to note, there is a difference between jumping normally and teleport.

Teleport retains your relative position *in* the sector.  If you jump normally to sector X Y, then fly out 200km from the spawn point, if you teleport to x2 y2 from there, you will arrive in x2 y2 200km out from the middle.

That's good information to have, thank you.

If I were to use this teleport command I feel like it would ruin the experience for me, thanks anyways though.