Sector defence mechanics & spawning changes suggestion.

Valshala

Suggestion

Firstly I must point out that with the current spawning method I get the feeling like I'm a convict on the run and It gets mighty tedious at times and is my biggest gripe with the game other than not being able to toggle boost (holding a key 24/7 to move)

A)  Pirates should have to travel from a pirate station to reach you, the most organic method of this was In

(X2 The Threat)  Distance from a pirate station would better determine the regularity  of seeing a pirate

raid rather than a timer..

B)  Pirates could better be described as space hooligans as they do not act like I would imagine any pirate

would act, they don't even salvage the ships they kill..  The endless stream of pirate raids from the

pirate conveyor belt is a tad ridiculous considering they have zero infrastructure to support it.

C)  If I visit a sector and fly far enough away from the centre and afk pirates and Xsotan will lay waste to it

In time, the defenders get wiped out and it becomes a total mess..  The faction owning the sector don't

seem to care less unless another faction invades the territory and this needs to change because it is far

too easy for the player to delete factions from the map.

D)  Spawning new defenders for sector defence from the nearest (friendly) shipyard to determine how long

they are arrive so if a player etc wants to delete a faction it is going to be alot harder and at the same

time feel alot more organic.

5 answers to this suggestion

Firstly I must point out that with the current spawning method I get the feeling like I'm a convict on the run and It gets mighty tedious at times and is my biggest gripe with the game other than not being able to toggle boost (holding a key 24/7 to move)

A)  Pirates should have to travel from a pirate station to reach you, the most organic method of this was In

(X2 The Threat)  Distance from a pirate station would better determine the regularity  of seeing a pirate

raid rather than a timer..

B)  Pirates could better be described as space hooligans as they do not act like I would imagine any pirate

would act, they don't even salvage the ships they kill..  The endless stream of pirate raids from the

pirate conveyor belt is a tad ridiculous considering they have zero infrastructure to support it.

C)  If I visit a sector and fly far enough away from the centre and afk pirates and Xsotan will lay waste to it

In time, the defenders get wiped out and it becomes a total mess..  The faction owning the sector don't

seem to care less unless another faction invades the territory and this needs to change because it is far

too easy for the player to delete factions from the map.

D)  Spawning new defenders for sector defence from the nearest (friendly) shipyard to determine how long

they are arrive so if a player etc wants to delete a faction it is going to be alot harder and at the same

time feel alot more organic.

early access. not even beta yet. right now its just a mechanic to give us something to fight. not the full fleshed out system :D although it would be great to see something more like you suggest in the future :P

A dev (or mod?) mentioned that better faction warfare/claiming territories is in the works. Obviously nothing is certain but it's probably not too many major updates away.

Ive also suggested in the past a trade rout system, along jump lanes, this would make the universe feel more alive then random factions, and the completly empty sectors would still have convoys moving through. This would also allow you to set up ambushes on convoys. You would also when you gain your own terretory set up these trade routs.

Other ideas to set up better more alive sectors is see damaged ships limp off to repair docks to get repairs. Have the Ai use cargo shuttles, and allow cargo shuttles to bring crew and supplies to ships. THis would be for very late in development