Fighter production... Torps?

Raio_Verusia

Suggestion

Is it just me, or, is it a little silly that the assembly blocks can produce fighters en-masse (okay not really but my 7-slot carrier produces them well enough), but torpedoes are out of the question? Self-sufficient Aegis torpedo boats would be cool, a ship built for torpedoes and countering torpedoes and fighters...

I understand the balance side of things, believe me I do. A ship able to produce torpedoes would be extremely powerful. But I want my LRM boat darn-it!

4 answers to this suggestion

Is it just me, or, is it a little silly that the assembly blocks can produce fighters en-masse (okay not really but my 7-slot carrier produces them well enough), but torpedoes are out of the question? Self-sufficient Aegis torpedo boats would be cool, a ship built for torpedoes and countering torpedoes and fighters...

I understand the balance side of things, believe me I do. A ship able to produce torpedoes would be extremely powerful. But I want my LRM boat darn-it!

torps are coming soon in the combat update. I don't know the specifics but I think I read something about production...

I would love a Torpedo Factory for this reason. And yes, constructing Torpedoes on board would be even more amazing, but I can imagine how the devs wouldn't want to add that in for balancing reasons. Torpedoes are crazy powerful. That needs to come at a price (and honestly, they feel like a great money sink - something the game was sorely lacking before the update).

torps are coming soon in the combat update.
If you want, you can already play with Torpedoes by going onto Steam and opting in for the Beta Branch. I highly recommend it. Torpedoes and the other Combat Update additions are fantastic!

torps are coming soon in the combat update.
If you want, you can already play with Torpedoes by going onto Steam and opting in for the Beta Branch. I highly recommend it. Torpedoes and the other Combat Update additions are fantastic!

I tinkered with beta for a bit. but that was around the same time I tried to install the mods and I'm thinking I did something wrong because a lot of things showed up but didn't work fully. in the end I didn't get to see much of the beta yet. will have to give it a go again soon. (I did not do the mods while on beta.. but the things I messed up carried over even after reinstalling and deciding to try beta while I was at it - did a complete uninstall/delete/reboot/reinstall and still show some of the after effects lol.. I royally messed it up :P)

To perform a full factory reset, if you will, you can delete both the folder in the Steam Program Files install directory (default path) and the AppData/Roaming/Avorion folder. Delete or rename so you have a backup. Whichever fits your preference. If that doesn't provide you with a clean reinstall of the vanilla files, I don't know what will. :P

Caution: you will lose everything. Save games, mods, profile data, key bindings, the lot.

I haven't finished investigating yet what changes the new update brought and so don't know for which mods I had installed previously compatibility has been broken, but I can say with certainty that the following mods do work under 0.16.0, as my friend and I have 10+ hours running them on our multiplayer server at this point:

Furthermore, after Laserzwei posted an update, it has become apparent that the 0.16.x updates have made Out of Server Productions obsolete; all its changes have been implemented in vanilla. Yay, mod integration!