[MODPACKS] Make-a-Modpack

Shrooblord

Hi there!

The modding process is tedious. It's incredibly tedious. It takes a long time, it's error-prone, and, worst of all, come update, you have to do it all over again, because the modded vanilla files get silently replaced. That's boring work and not many people are enthusiastic about repeatedly doing it, I'm sure.

So, how about we make life easier for each other?

Request a modpack here, and we'll compile it for you and put her right up on this first post. I'll also keep track of what version of Avorion the modpack is meant to run on.

That way, we'll have a neat little archive of modpacks you can just install-and-play, as opposed to having to do all that gruelling manual labour DiffCheckering every file included in every mod you want to install. Bleh!

Without further ado...

[[MODPACKS]]

[0.16.x]

None yet... request a modpack now!

[0.15.x]

None yet... request a modpack now!

Thank You!

the ones I had tried to install were:

Carrier Command

Fleet Control

Mine Corp

and Ship Script Loader since its needed by Carrier Command at the very least.

dug thru the pages of posts and found the latest versions (as well as any special notes/directions I could find). but being the first game I ever tried to do this in I failed miserably. the mod install system in 'Bannished' is the only other modding Ive ever done. thats so simple compared to this lol

edit. I did part of it right as fleet control partly worked. so did mine corp.  with fleet control I got the button in the top right and I was able to open the ui window and assign groups. but commands given would revert instantly back to what the ship was doing when it was added to the group.  with mine corp I found a mine and was able to interact up to confirming yes Im sure or hell no.. hell no worked and closed the window but saying yes to fix it did nothing at all.  total noob at this sort of modding so... yeah. no lol

and I see now Laserzwei added a 1.6 now for carrier commnand. that wasnt there when I was doing all this.

(...)and I see now Laserzwei added a 1.6 now for carrier commnand. that wasnt there when I was doing all this.

I did?

I sure have not been able to make Carrier Commands run in Avorion 0.16.x  :-\

Minecorp however got its update.

sorry lol.  I looked at the tab heading and not the topic heading.