[HELP] New Dedicated Server

Khorius Irelius

Hey guys.

I need some help here. I am very proficient with PC hardware and software, however, networking skills are not exactly my primary area of expertise. I am attempting to start a vanilla dedicated server for myself and some friends, using the resources on the Avorion wiki as a guide. I have managed to get the server up and running with no issues (locally), including incorporating our existing galaxy.

Here's the issue: the only way that people can connect to the server (that aren't on my local network) is if I manually invite them through the Steam friends interface. I have updated the server, everything was opened and is running in administrator mode, and I have selected the option to list it publicly. As far as I can tell all my firewalls are disabled. Not only does it not appear on the public server list, but my friends can't even connect to it directly with the IP address.

Can anyone advise me on a possible course of action to correct this?

Perhaps someone could elaborate on this (from the wiki):

The UDP and TCP ports that will be used for the game must be forwarded to the machine that runs the game. Default ports are 27000, TCP and UDP for game traffic 27003 (UDP) for queries, 27020 and 27021.

Here is a direct link to the guide that I am using for reference: https://avorion.gamepedia.com/Setting_up_a_server

Thanks in advance!