Torpedo from a pirate = onehit (4,5 million hull and 21 million shild)

Shrek

Yesterday i traveled near center for salvaging wracks. After warping to a mass signature, i have met some pirates. Usually nothing special. But in this case, they have shot 1 Torpedo on me and my ship was destroyed. Its a ship with 4.500.000 hull and 21.000.000 shild. So i have rebuilt my ship and put some anti-torpedo guns on it (2 on auto target and 2 on my target). Moved to the pirates again... same story. 1 Torpedo and rekt. My Antiguns didnt even try to hit a torpedo (clicked "r" for target). My question, should pirates that strong and why didnt my anti turrets work? Usually i get some decent Damage from a pirate-torpedo (like 500.000 shild dmg) but onehit seems really op. 

Equip more PDCs (Point Defense Chainguns). You'll probably want ~8 on a larger ship, but I'm just guessing here.

Set all PDCs to the new defensive mode. They will automatically prioritize incoming torpedoes.

When a torpedo is incoming, try to steady your ship so your PDCs can aim at the incoming torpedoes easier. PDCs have a high turn speed but it's not instant. They will have trouble tracking torpedoes if your ship is turning.

With that said, I don't think that a torpedo should be able to one shot a ship with 4.5 million hull through shields, even on the highest difficulty. It's possible that particular pirate ship had some really lucky scaling on its torpedoes. Leave your feedback on this in the beta forum so it can get sorted out. :)