building and repairing ships only at stations

Kelevra

Suggestion

Hello everybody o7

I am someone who loves sci-fi games, and the more they seem to be realistic the better they are to me!

So i have one thing to say: I would love to see us only able to build/upgrade/change ships in shipyards instead of pressing B!!

This would add not just more realism to the game, but also more use of shipyards themselves! Because atm they are only used if you need to craft a ship which is able to found a station... Or to hire crew? Same for repairdock! why is there a repairdock if i can repair all my blocks in space with one click, and all those 300 mechanics working in my ship to repair it are useless.. aren´t they meant to repair the ship while we are "on tour"? so be it then, and if we get our ship wrecked block by block we have to find some place to really repair it instead of holding it together (good job done by our well paid mechanics)! ^^

Same goes for the updates in ships, well integrated in the CPU and ading massive changes to its behaviour we can just switch them like technological gods from a second to another while in battle if we want to have more firepower? And once we have a few we don´t even have to care about what is built in ship because we can change whenever we want to! We don´t have to think about what we want to do because we have this variety of upgrades in cargo.. Here is my suggestion: it´s only available to change while docked to any shipyard, repairdock etc (anything that could have the mechanical personal to change our ships upgrades)! so we have to think twice if we put that hyperspace range upgrade or shields, mining or trading, speed or weaponpower ?! If we have to specialize our ship to whatever we want to do we will find us in much more challenging situations if we are about to leave this way... :)

Let me know if you like this or not

Greetings o7

1 answer to this suggestion

Hey there,

I really understand your point and I kind of agree to you.

But:

With your first point, repairing destroyed blocks only at those stations, i have the following problem: I am and many other players are as well a fan of little antennas and stuff like that, which are of course just little blocks. Those are destroyed really fast and that is a reason why repairing them in build mode is a good option. Maybe a solution would be if functional blocks like generators etc. could only be repaired at shipyards and ressource depots, while the rest of them could still be repaired in build mode...

Your second point is mentioned on the roadmap, I think. They stated, that they want to implement a feature like the one you suggested. While the old mechanic would stay in the game, but, if I remember that right, the upgrades integrated by a shipyard or ressource depot will grant an additional bonus...