Let me order my turret to target only torpedoes

riess

I'm trying to build up an rep with faction hostile to me. I need my point defense turrets to help me with hostile torps, but those things are more than happy to go after everything else in range when those are not around, effectively undoing whatever progress I'm making up by killing invading ships.

• 3 weeks later...

The Defensive Mode apparently fires at torpedoes and fighters, but even without fighters on the enemy side you'd still lose rep because somehow shooting incoming torpedoes also reduce reputation >:(.

Currently the best way to deal with it is "get a ship big enough to support being helplessly bombarded till they're out of ammo", which is not ideal :(, especially (apparently) at high TL places where torpedoes start doing ridiculous amounts of damage oneshotting most player-made ships, even those dwarfing most XXL-sized stations... and it can become even more costly as some torpedoes start bypassing shields :'(.

Diplomacy (and diplomatic missions, maybe) needs to be implemented next, alongside dynamic economy and multi-sector ship orders (especially cargo runs).