Missions are not completing

riess

Happens to me on both 1.6.6 and 1.6.7b.

Some types of missions are impossible to complete now:

- whipe out pirates this one completes after 8 minutes of idling in empty systems new wave of pirates spawned and let me kill them, maybe game is counting number of ships that has to be killed and if eg. xsotan hop in and kill some on their own, counter gets messed up?

- answer distress call in other system

- explore system

Also confirming it, at least for Explore Sector missions. I got an Explore Sector mission that asked me to explore the sector I had two oil rigs, another station and a sizable part of my mobile fleet in ::).

Tried switching to sector, going into a ship, then jumping in and out, nothing happened. Got another mission later for an unexplored yellow sector, jumped in, same thing.

The objective(s) for those missions, if hidden, should be shown more explicitly.

The pirate one only tests if the sector you are in is empty of pirates, is it possible that you overlooked a half dead one?

I've been hammering the "R" key but no ship was targeted so don't think thats an option.

Thank you for reporting. Is this happening often?

So far its happening every time distress call turns out to be a trap. Kill everybody, distress call is there hanging on missions list.

Also, I have not even once succeeded at exploration mission. Zilch. I've tried 6 of them before giving up.

Is it distress call or wipe out pirates (from a military outpost)? The distress call will dissapear after a while. when it's a trap there is nothing to really finish and no rewards/anything is given to you.

The explore sector mission, i have the same issue: jump to that sector and there are 2 big green boxed wreckages. I fly around but dont get the mission done. Just abandoned it because nothing happened, even after i jumped out.

• Boxelware Team

With the explore sector one you have to interact with all the boxed things in the sector (so the extra boxes, which usually wouldn't be there). Fly close and press 'F' to inspect. If you inspected all of them the mission should update.

- wipe out pirates: this usually works for me, when I kill all pirate in the sector it says mission accomplished. The problem I had is that it seems rarer and rarer; for example in the test server I never saw that mission

- answer distress call in other system: 90% of the time, it's a trap, so you get no reward (basically you've been tricked), the remaining 10% of the time there's actually a ship under attack by pirates, you kill all pirate and you get standard reward

- explore system: this only usually works when you are able to jump in the designated sector in one jump; in this case, some object are marked, you have to fly near them and press F; after you do that for everything, you have to return to the sector you got the mission and it completes with reward; if you do something else between taking the mission and going to sector (logoff, jump to another sector between etc), when you get there there's no marked object and you can't complete the mission

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen those "boxes" that you speak of. Looking at the LUA file for mission I get general idea about what things should be boxed, but I never get any of those. I don't know if its my luck or not, every exploration mission so far has directed me to system with station wreck. But there I had no boxes around objects.