UI suggestions

Dinosawer

Suggestion

A couple of UI suggestions:

1. The building tools menu on the left is always active even when another window is on top, which is annoying (when I want to put turrets on my ship I'd like to put the inventory there, but I can't cause trying to click on a turret actually clicks on the window underneath). Making it movable would also be nice

2. The arrows pointing to things (enemies, jump location etc) can be very hard to see when they're over your ship or the background is of a similar colour

3. It would be nice if all UI elements drew from images in the resource folder (the arrows and boxes don't) so people can make UI mods  ;D 

2 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

1. Thanks, I'll fix that.

2. Agreed. I'll have to find a way to make them more visible and not annoying at the same time.

3. Noted. That's a bigger change than you might think and it doesn't have priority, so you shouldn't expect that any time soon.

for 2. , you can make it thicker than 1 pixel and more than just a V - Freelancer used small red-blue arrows for not-selected hostiles  near the edge of the screen and a larger one for the selected hostile.

Also, you could make it not disappear if the ship is close to the reticule but down of it since the enemy is then still behind your ship and thus hard to see.

Oh, and

4. Show the ship volume somewhere in the build statistics since amount of upgrade slots depends on it but I can't seem to find it in there (so I might only need another m^3 extra and I'd never know :V )