NerArth's Ships and Stations

NerArth

Stuff I've published on the Steam Workshop:

Some ships I've made that I had fun with:

A super-freighter meant for big heists. Or just legal cargo transport if that's more your way. ::)

3EFWmSh.jpg

QfXU71g.jpg

Experimental stuff:

I decided to give my crescent-type ship a try on Avorion; it's a concept I haven't really seen done much and that hasn't worked well for me in other games, so I wanted to try a prototype (open spoiler):

cN5Fnf1.jpg
The very first iteration.
MmDG257.jpg
Next to a medium/large-ish station.
AcshXr9.jpg
Better view of new inner paint job.
v8OF5KJ.jpg
Bombarding from a distance.

This is still a very rough prototype but this gives some context of size and useability. It relies quite a lot on using turrets with independent targetting for good control, and I have to fly it in keyboard control layout, due to the size.

And of course I play with no collision damage. ;D

I've been progressing towards being able to overcome the barrier, and on the wiki I saw that you supposedly need 8 ships parked in front of each asteroid...

I only have 4 of the artifacts, but I can prove this doesn't have to be this way...  8)

This is the "completed" ring I made to test this, viewed at an angle, so we can see the lights on the asteroids.

JxvJ05l.jpg

Mostly made with Iron stone but starting point was a large shipyard-built ship, so I could have enough system slots to eventually put in all 8 artifacts.

Here is the ring, with all artifacts in, activating the wormhole! Note: There was a small problem when I reloaded my game and came back to it; the rotation had changed massively and I had to remove all the stone, move the ship to the correct position, and apply from the previous saved blueprint.

CUBcvA9.jpg

Edit notes:

Added some more images and made everything go into a spoiler.

27 April 18:

Added the core breaching ring.

28 April 18:

Gave the post a slightly different format, trying to improve organisation.

Mighty industrial look, with all those loose-like armor plates !

That's some nice mining ship ! Definitely not the usual scavenger :)

Thanks! I'm going to add some more shots to the op now. My ships often tend to look sort of unfinished because even though I've planned a bit what I want them to look like, I can't get them to work efficiently if I try to make it look finished. And this thing flies like a bath tub already...

• 2 weeks later...