Block Translation in Editor (And QoL)

Dournbrood

Suggestion

Not sure if this is in the works, but I'll post it anyways. Couldn't hurt.

Please, please add a way to select blocks and move them around after they've been placed, or even resize them...

I can't tell you how many times i've wanted to place corner pieces off center and had to delete half of the outer shell just to add a structure piece to put them on, then delete everything else.

Also, QoL thing: Showing the ship's total costs somewhere on the screen while in build mode. I know you can see it on the thumbnail for the ship after saving, but it'd save a click whenever you're budgeting.

3 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

Both of these are currently not planned. Is it something that you find to be gamebreaking?

There is a way to move multiple blocks, it just isn't so obvious. You can select the blocks you want to move and save them as a template. After deleting the originals you can put the template to the new position. Added bonus: That way the selection can be rescaled :)

I so much used to just copy-delete-pasting blocks, that I no longer feel the translation is necessary.

I would much more appreciate some way to change/rotate block's facing without changing the current dimensions. Its a pain to rotate armor and directional systems and then meticulously rescaling all sides to match the original intended size ALL THE TIME.