Update for mining modules *updated*, see post nr 5

Kampfkrapfn

Suggestion

Hey there,

in my opinion the mining modules are quite useless at the moment.

So, what could we do to buff them ?

=> Mark the mineable asteroids in a larger radius: maybe in it's legendary version, the marks could be system wide, but I think this is not possible as there would be way too many marks then. but let's say the marking radius would be 60km - that would be great !

=> Let even the smallest mining module have an output like "there are 217 mineable rich asteroids left in this system", and everytime a rich asteroid is completely mined, there's a new output message. Or maybe the output is generated every 2 minutes, or on demand by text command ....

//edit: look here for a more elaborated version of my idea

4 answers to this suggestion

Hey there,

=> Mark the mineable asteroids in a larger radius: maybe in it's legendary version, the marks could be system wide, but I think this is not possible as there would be way too many marks then. but let's say the marking radius would be 60km - that would be great !

=> Let even the smallest mining module have an output like "there are 217 mineable rich asteroids left in this system", and everytime a rich asteroid is completely mined, there's a new output message. Or maybe the output is generated every 2 minutes, or on demand by text command ....

I do unfortunately find them a bit useless too because it's quite easy to spot most of the mineral-rich asteroids anyway.

To me it would be interesting if the modules could sort of allow you to get a reasonable amount of resources from the asteroids that aren't mineral-rich, but this is probably not a great idea (since they aren't mineral-rich). The only reason I suggest this for the bland asteroids is because you can get some resources out of them anyway, but the amount is so pathetic, why do they even give anything?

And I like your idea about having an output of the number left in the sector.

Hey there,

First suggestion is the obvious one. The current parameter for the mineable asteroids were intended for a long gone phase of the game, where you couldn't tell which asteroids are rich and which aren't. Second one is a bit questionable though, not sure it will improve the use cases for the module.

My take on it, is simply add the bonuses for the mining or salvaging turrets, i.e. range, efficiency and damage. Lower rarity modules only give one parameter bonus, and higher can have two at a time or one with greater values, but always with a focus for either the mining or the salvaging. This way not only you'd want to use them, but you'd want to look for the module that has parameters fitting your needs and giving the combination of bonuses for convenience, output and/or speed that you'd prefer.

You can use the same approach for Turret Modules, that make each module amplify the parameters of turrets installed, just a little bit on their own, but stackable together on a larger ship. Can be limited to secondary stats, like range, tracking and accuracy to avoid heavy min-maxing. And of course, that would remedy the All Turret Modules, that would give bonuses to all turrets, rather that specialized Turret Modules, that gives just one slot more, but give bonuses only to their respective type of turrets. I can even see them sometimes having bonuses to very specific types of weapons.

my thoughts about the left-over-output were:

"yes, only 5 left ... gonna take my fleet to the next sector in a few seconds!"

"okay, 29 left ... guess I've got enough time to get me some coffee"

"new sector, 289 asteroids ... nice! which was the next netflix series I wanted to watch ?"

but I like the idea of adding special mining bonuses by using the modules, too.

in the meantime I thought about getting a bit more precise with this idea ....

Iron tier module

* Basic enhancement: "RAC-output" (rich-asteroid-count). This is the basic enhancement of any mining module. It outputs the count of rich asteroids in the sector, but only up to it's own tier.

* Very limited. The only enhancement is the basic one.

Titanium tier module

* Still limited to the basic enhancement: can output RAC information, but can not split it up into "X iron asteroids, Y titanium asteroids"

Naonite tier module

* can have up to two enhancements (25% chance of having only one enhancement, 75% chance for two enhancements)

* new possible enhancement: "Detailed Information" - reveals the RAC for each material type separately, but always only up the module's own material tier

* new possible enhancement: "Giant Marker" - Marks giant resource asteroids, similiar to the C43-Module, in a radius of up to 60km

Trinium tier module

* can have up to three enhancements (25/60/15 percent chance)

* possible enhancement upgrade: "Giant Marker SW" - marks giant resource asteroids in the whole sector. The chance of getting GM/GMSW is 50/50.

Xanion tier module

* can have two to three enhancements (25/75 percent chance)

* possible enhancement upgrade: "Very Detailed Information" - additionally lists how many resources one can gain if he mines every single rich asteroid in the sector. The efficiency of the active mining lasers should be taken into account here. The chance of getting DI/VDI is 50/50.

Ogonite tier module

* can have two to four enhancements (25/60/15 percent chance)

* new possible enhancement: "Mining Sector Radar" - Grey blips appear on the map, in a radius rnd(2-4) sectors around the player ship, which mark systems with mineable asteroids.

* new possible enhancement: "Increased Efficiency" - all of your mining lasers have their efficiency increased by up to 2/4/6 percent

Avorion tier module

* can have three to five enhancements (33,3/33,3/33,3 percent chance)

* possible enhancement upgrade: "MSR+R" - increases the MSR radius by rnd(1-5)  (3-9 in sum). The chance of getting MSR/MSR+R is 50/50

* possible enhancement upgrade: "SIE" - the mining laser efficiency bonus is now 4/8/12 percent

* the chance of getting a max stat avorion tier module is 1/3(5enhancements)*0.5^4(every enhancement has a 50% chance to be the advanced version)*1/3(basic MSR radius)*0.2(MSR+R bonus radius)*1/3(SIE) = 0,05%

Legendary tier module

* can have four to five enhancements (50/50 percent chance), but with higher chances for the upgraded versions (25/75 basic/advanced)

* => chance for a max stat drop is 0.5*0.75^4*1/3*0.2*1/3 = 0,35%

* legendary bonus enhancement: when opening the map, an additional layer can be activated that shows the expected mining material, similar to the Avorion Resource Map that I found in this forum these days

* one CAN increase chances to research a max-stat-legendary-module: let's say you've got 4 avorion tier mining modules. three of them have MSR+R on it, one only MSR. additionally, only one of them has the SIE bonus, and another one the basic GM. GM is a basic enhancement, it adds 10% chance to getting the advanced version on the legendary module. SIE is an advanced enhancement, it adds 20% of getting the advanced version on the legendary module. So you've got a chance of 20+20+20+10 = 70% to get MSR+R on your brand new legendary mining module (if you bypass the only-80%-chance for legendary because of only 4 avorion tier modules).

BONUS IDEA: there could be a similar module type for salvaging ...