ColdSpiral Crafts Ships

ColdSpiral

Truly amazing work. Some of you guys make me feel like a toddler hammering lego bricks together  ::)

Lego is a fine inspiration, though!

I've always wanted to be a spaceship, so I spend a lot of time staring at art and concepts of them.  :P I guess I've gotten a feel for the shapes.

If it's any consolation, I'm terrible at basically everything else.  ;D

Nice ships!

Thanks!

I haven't even modified them yet, my skills are quite poor. In any regards I had a funny bug where I couldn't see 3 of the upgrade slots as they were hidden behind the ship, it is not even more impressive! Please post an update!

Go on, throw some blocks on there. There's always an undo button! 

I had that bug too. Happens on & off with all my ships.

Stargazer's undergoing a refit, so will update once she's in a presentable condition. But something else might be on the way...

-=CSF INTERNAL EYES ONLY CLASSIFICATION ZERO HARPY=-

LAB 8 - Project #BFF

Despite recent slowdowns in pirate activity, Harvester captains have been expressing concern about completing their salvage and mining tasks in "unsafe environments". An initiative to address this is underway, but without significant advances in AI this remains a distant option.

Until such a time, R&D Lab 8 is proud to present the results of Project #BFF:

The Bruiser Gunship.

e3ntn6pl.jpg

Despite its light frame, the Bruiser is equipped with hefty shield generators and ample power supply.

XpgCYizl.jpg

Gratuitous thruster placement grants the Bruiser excellent agility in tight spots.

JKmQ7HYl.jpg

Five weapon hardpoints - Three top-mounted, two underslung. This prototype is equipped with a combination of plasma, laser, rocket, and anti-fighter chaingun turrets, for flexibility in combat.

Z72djSyl.jpg

We don't fully know what these glowy bits do, but the techs tell us they're essential. We're considering putting some glass™ over them.

WiZhgEtl.jpg

Bruiser Prototype full statistics.

IuCw9uTl.jpg

Initial testing...

c7tYqPBl.jpg

All is well.

-=END DOCUMENT=-

Bruiser.xml

Hey ColdSpiral,

can you make versions for all materials from the Stargazer? Would be amazing, to upgrade from a starter ship with iron to a Stargazer version with Avorion.

You can change the material in the XML file directly. (Search and replace)

We don't fully know what these glowy bits do, but the techs tell us they're essential. We're considering putting some glass™ over them.

I love your glass™ story.

Really inspired by your work man! Not just the designs, but the writing as well. Had a good few surprise chuckles!

Thanks for the giggles and the shiny stuff! :*

Thank you both!  ;D

I'm enjoying putting the lore together; though if CSF Industries is beginning to look somewhat dysfunctional I confess to more than a little channelling of my mentor, good ol' Cave Johnson.

Hey ColdSpiral,

can you make versions for all materials from the Stargazer? Would be amazing, to upgrade from a starter ship with iron to a Stargazer version with Avorion.

You can change the material in the XML file directly. (Search and replace)

Hi ceeagedee, and anyone else interested, I've taken Trecares' advice and created material-tier versions of the latest CSF Stargazer incarnation. Also edited the glows & paintjob to material-appropriate colours.

I've made sure the materials & colours have applied and that they don't crash the game, but haven't test-driven them for balance. Could be terrible.

For the Naonite and Titanium versions I've just quickly switched the hangars for cargo bays. Might want to stick a thruster or angle blocks on there. For the Titanium version I've also replaced any shield blocks with integrity fields, so hopefully it's a little less fragile.

You can find them zipped up and attached!  :)

CSF_Stargazer_Tiers.zip

Love the ships!

Would you be able to make tiny little miner craft to be docked inside the Stargazer? I'd like a small mining fleet to dock inside and be ready to be unleashed on an unexpecting asteroid.  ;D

Thanks!

I wish I could. With the current fighter system its hangars can handle a cadre of 4-6 mining fighters (due to their size), but I've not found any that are efficient enough to be worthwhile - you get a tiny percentage of the asteroid's resources, half as much as a quality mining laser. And I'm not in a position to squander resources for speed and convenience.  :-\

Looking forward to future versions where it's planned that a) we can design our own fighters somehow, and b) we can dock two ships together. At that point, I'll definitely be making miniature Harvesters that detach from an expanded Stargazer to chew up asteroids and wrecks for me.  :D