Some minor bugs I've encountered.

ColdSpiral

• I've been having a great time with Avorion so far, but have spotted a couple of oddities. Thought it'd be best to just keep them together.
    Sorry if I've repeated anything someone else has reported; there are a lot of threads.

• In build mode, the transform tool doesn't undo properly. I can transform a hull into a glow block, for example, and then undo and it'll say it's a hull but it'll keep the appearance of a glow block. Usually undoing another step, deleting the block and then undoing, placing something else, or exiting build mode will revert the block's appearance.
    • Similarly, I can't get the paint tool to undo at all.
    • My scanner is picking up green blips in both populated & empty space, but when I get to the sector it's empty. No asteroids, wrecks, pirates, stations, wormholes, etc.. Nothing. Nothing listed on the map. Sometimes this happens at the end of a gate with no corresponding return gate, though I read that's normal. It'd be cool if you could telegraph that it's one-way. Maybe a pulse travelling down it on the map?
    • On occasion, deleting a turret in build mode doesn't remove it from the Ship Menu. If I replace the turret with another, it doesn't override the old one. Sometimes I have to put the old one back and delete it again. This doesn't happen reliably enough to test whether grouping affects this or not.
    • Shops seem broken. I found a resource trader on friendly terms that sold nothing and offered no prices for anything. I've had equipment merchants fail to buy or sell anything after an initial transaction until I left the sector and returned. In these situations, the buy/sell button just doesn't work.
    • Since auto-turrets were introduced I find my aiming circles (for any turret) are making micro-adjustments, flicking a couple of mm out of the centre and then travelling back in. This happens mostly when travelling and occasionally when stationary.
    • Auto-turret commands are reset to manual control upon entering a new sector or loading a saved game.
    • Some turret icons are vertically offset a little in the hud, so you can see the bottom of the glow on the top of the image.
    • In the Ship Systems Menu, the middle row of slots is obscured by the ship preview. Regardless of slot, power availability etc., my Shield Booster and Turret Control System icons are greyed out. They seem to be working, though. I can't tell what this means.

Savegame here.

Hope these help; let me know if you need any further information.

• Boxelware Team

Thanks for reporting!

Considering empty sectors and broken shops: From the logs it looks like your galaxy suffered of a previous error that has now been resolved, but that screwed up several factions. You can try flying far away into new regions, it should be resolved there.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't find a mention of it on the forum, but I assume this is a bug - AI freighters don't respect player docked status at stations.

It's happened a few times now that if I'm docked for some time - so usually at a research station - I'll suddenly have an AI freighter ram me into the station as it attempts to park at the dock I'm using...

This damages my ship, destroys the dock (I now have to go searching for a new research station because when it happened just now the station only had one dock left :-\), and lowers my rep. The jerks.