new turret factory mechanic + additionel research station idea

Wanderer

Suggestion

As it stands now, turret factory made turrets are way to good. In my opinion, this is because they arent balanced at all. You get the max dps, range and firerate if you just max out all components (with exceptions where less is better). Only  fire rate for cooldown weapons can be usefull to change, so they (almost) dont overheat. This way you get the overpowered weapons wich we all use these days as soon as we can pay for them.

And now my suggestion:

Make turret building function like the fighter mechanic: with points you can spent. The idea is that you can spent points on accuracy, damage, fire rate, range, energy usage and energy increase, and overheat speed.

To make sure the turret facs dont end up all the same i suggest that you give turret factorys a few specialities, like a larger increase in range, damage accuracy etc, wich then can vary between certain bounds so one can still be better than a different factory with the same specialities.

I like the use of goods, so i propose to bind the goods needed to the stats you give your turret. As example: if you improve the amount of damage, the amount of goods (those wich are now needed to improve damage by adding more) increases as well.

This way i think turret factories will still be better than found turrets most of the time, but at least not so overpowered anymore and leads to more ballanced turrets instead of uberturrets, wich are powerfull enough to use just one and then you're capable of killing most enemys there are, except for the strongest of enemys.

Research could be really nicely changed to go with this, by giving a player the option to improve some points of the turrets instead of giving some random turrets: lets say you got 5 exceptional turrets. with fighters the amount of points you can spent on them it is +5 every time the rarity goes up by one. This i do propose to, so you can add extra points to the turret, so it becomes better at a certain point. This way legendary turrets would become what they should be: the pinnacle of weapons, not some random turrets that might be good or not.

Im sorry for the grammar...

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet